Dirrell Jones is an experienced trial attorney representing licensed professionals and corporations in state and federal court that have been sued for alleged professional negligence, personal injury claims, property damage and economic losses. He represents individuals, businesses, insurance agencies, attorneys, law firms, title companies and trucking companies.
- Handled all aspects of litigation, including having first chair trial experience
- Successfully defended summary judgment on behalf of title company sued for breach of contract
- Secured dismissal for attorney sued for statements made in court after filing a motion to dismiss pursuant to the Texas Anti-SLAPP Statute, Chapter 27 of the Civil Practices & Remedies Code, which protects free speech and right of association.
- Secured defense verdict for trucking company that ran into an overpass
- Successfully defended multiple attorneys accused of barratry
- Successfully defended chiropractic clinic accused of barratry
- Represented numerous lawyers in grievance proceedings before the State Bar of Texas
- DePaul University College of Law (J.D., 2002)
- Dean's List
- Moot Court Society
- CALI Award - Civil Litigation Strategy
- Baylor University (M.S., 1998)
- Educational Psychology
- Baylor University (B.A., 1994)
- Texas, 2010
- Illinois, 2003
Professional and Community Activities
- Dallas Bar Association
- J.L. Turner Legal Association
- Texas Bar College
Speeches and Presentations
- How to Keep Your Attorney Out of Trouble, North Texas Paralegal Association, June 14, 2018.
- Legal Malpractice & Grievances (or Things That Can Ruin a Lawyer's Day)- Rockwall Bar Assn. and Foundation Bench Bar, April 2016.
- Why Grievances Occur, KoonsFuller Law Firm, February 15, 2015.
- Grievance Process Do's and Don'ts,Dallas Bar Association - Ethics Panel, November 2014 - Dallas, Texas
- Contempt: Post-Judgment Procedure, Office of the Chief Disciplinary Counsel - Attorney Workshop, October 2014 - San Antonio, Texas.
- Top Ten Common Causes for a Grievance Filing, American Immigration Lawyers Association, Texas Chapter, April 2014 - Dallas, Texas.
- Immigration Red Flags, Office of the Chief Disciplinary Counsel - Grievance Symposium, April 2014 - Austin, Texas.
- E-Discovery: The Next Frontier, Office of the Chief Disciplinary Counsel - Attorney Workshop, October 2013 - San Antonio, Texas
- ATTORNEY MISCONDUCT AND THE ROLE OF THE GRIEVANCE PROCESS IN CIVIL PROCEEDINGS ARISING FROM THE SAME FACTS, Southern Academy of Legal Studies in Business, April 1, 2016.