Bart Freeman defends clients in the fields of product liability, personal injury, premises liability, business torts, contract disputes, toxic torts, construction defects, and insurance litigation. He has experience in all aspects of civil litigation, including trials, mediations, administrative proceedings, grievances, and appeals. He has first-chaired multiple jury trials to verdict, including cases involving catastrophic injury and wrongful death.
Bart has represented a wide range of clients from private individuals and small, family owned businesses to Fortune 100 companies.
- Represented corporate defendant in over a hundred mass tort cases (covering over 4,000 plaintiffs) pending in Texas Multi-District Litigation court.
- Briefed and successfully argued an appeal before a Texas state court of appeals.
- Represented apartment complexes in premises liability cases.
- Represented Fortune 50 company in numerous product liability lawsuits.
- Represented major U.S. product manufacturers in fire and catastrophic burn cases.
- Defended a nursing home in a case tried to verdict where plaintiff was alleging a multi-million dollar claim of wrongful death.
- In multiple cases tried to verdict, defended insurance companies against first party claims related to motor vehicle accidents involving uninsured/underinsured drivers.
- Assisted in representation and defense of manufacturers of motor vehicles involved in accidents with catastrophic injury and loss of life.
- Defended a trucking line in multi-death and burn case involving an accident pile-up of numerous tractor-trailers and other motor vehicles.
- Won jury verdict in civil case brought against a former corporate president involving a dispute over corporate control and assets.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of defendant as to product liability claims brought by over a dozen plaintiffs in mass tort litigation.
- Represented multiple foreign and domestic automobile manufacturers in product liability, consumer, and commercial litigation.
- Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law (J.D., 1994)
- Duke University (B.A., 1990)
- Texas, 1994
- Oklahoma, 2010
- United States District Court, Northern, Southern, Western and Eastern Districts of Texas
Professional and Community Activities
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas
- Dallas Bar Association
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- Defense Research Institute
- Oklahoma Bar Association