Matthew is an associate in the New Orleans office of Thompson Coe. He is a member of the firm’s litigation and casualty section. He maintains a diverse practice with an emphasis on premises liability, automobile/trucking accidents, wrongful death claims, construction law, insurance bad faith actions, and general negligence cases.
Matthew has extensive experience navigating contentious issues throughout every step of litigation, in order to obtain the most favorable outcome for his clients. Throughout the litigation process, he prides himself on his commitment to providing effective client communication.
Prior to joining Thompson Coe, Matthew practiced law with one of the oldest insurance defense firms in Louisiana, where he defended major insurance companies in complex personal injury lawsuits.
- Obtained a dismissal of a Fortune 500 insurance company and its insured via Motion for Summary Judgment on liability related to a disputed motor vehicle accident.
- Successfully handled numerous mediations on behalf of Fortune 500 insurance companies, wherein obtained favorable settlements on complex personal injury cases.
- Defended a large insurance company against allegations of improper claims handling and successfully argued and obtained a dismissal of bad faith allegations.
- Negotiated numerous favorable settlements for national insurance companies involving traumatic personal injuries.
- Loyola University New Orleans School of Law (J.D., 2018)
- University of North Carolina at Wilmington (B.S., 2015)
- Buisness Administration
- Louisiana, 2018
- United States Eastern District Court of Louisiana
Professional and Community Activities
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute – Diversity and Inclusion Committee
- Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel
- New Orleans Bar Association