Jon Paul is an experienced trial lawyer with a proven track record of proactively managing litigation and producing strong, positive results. Due to his trial success and creative approach to litigation, Jon Paul has tried a large variety of cases including product liability, commercial disputes, premises liability, construction defect, auto/trucking accidents, and cases involving catastrophic loss.
With his aggressive, strategic approach to representing his clients, Jon Paul has worked with numerous clients in business disputes, personal injury, wrongful death, breach of contract, and property claims including property owners and management companies, general contractors, subcontractors, churches, private schools, and restaurants.
Jon Paul has successfully tried cases to verdict and resolved cases by summary judgment representing trucking companies, product manufacturers and sellers, construction companies, property owners, management companies, oil field service companies, and energy companies. Given Jon Paul’s trial accolades and reputation among his peers, he is often asked to present to organizations on an array of topics including ways to avoid potential litigation and helpful strategies once litigation arises.
- Obtained defense verdict for national transportation company in lawsuit facing claims of negligence, negligent hiring, training, and supervision, negligent entrustment, and gross negligence.
- Successfully defended commercial motor coach company in lawsuit arising from accident which involved three fatalities and forty-four Plaintiffs
- Obtained summary judgment and indemnity for manufacturer facing $50M demand in products liability lawsuit
- Obtained defense verdict for property owner and management company in premises liability lawsuit
- Obtained defense verdict for professional agent in errors and omissions lawsuit
- Obtained declaratory judgment for London syndicate seeking affirmation of coverage decision
- Obtained defense verdict for UM/UIM carrier in lawsuit involving claims for personal injuries, property damage, and lost wages
- Obtained summary judgment for premises owner in lawsuit alleging dangerous condition
- Obtained summary judgment for commercial motor coach company in lawsuit facing wrongful death and survival claims
- Obtained summary judgment for construction company in lawsuit facing claims for personal injuries, negligence, and gross negligence
- South Texas College of Law (J.D., 2008)
- Texas A&M University (B.S., 2004)
- Economics and Business Administration
- Texas, 2008
United States District Court, Northern, Southern and Eastern District of Texas
Professional and Community Activities
- Dallas Bar Association
- Trucking Industry Defense Association
- Litigation Section of Texas State Bar
- Automotive Industry Professionals
- Motor Carrier Safety Group
- Dallas Claims Association