Mark Kressenberg is a veteran first party trial lawyer with a solid background in both commercial and personal lines property and casualty litigation. He regularly represents domestic and surplus lines carriers in a wide variety of bad faith claims in both state and federal court, bringing his substantial experience to achieve consistent favorable results for his clients.
Mark’s philosophy is that it is the carrier’s claim and the carrier’s money and that effective representation inherently entails litigating appropriately to the size and complexity of the matter. Focused discovery, early exploration of settlement potential, and judicious use of motion practice are the key elements of his practice style.
Personal service and professional excellence are the foundation upon which Mark’s insurance law practice is built.
He has represented clients in multi-million dollar commercial catastrophe claims as well as residential wind and hail claims. Tailoring the level of litigation to the size and complexity of the matter, he consistently achieves favorable results for his clients in a cost-conscious manner.
He has successfully managed large catastrophe dockets in Hurricanes Ike and Harvey, as well as numerous Texas hailstorm events for both commercial and personal lines disputes. Mark is well-respected by both sides of the insurance law bar for his professionalism and knowledge.
- Managed a large Hurricane Ike litigation docket for a Fortune 50 admitted carrier
- Successfully oversaw numerous Texas appellate cases involving coverage and appraisal matters
- Obtained unanimous defense verdict in a Hurricane Harvey first party property case as lead counsel in federal court
- Secured summary judgment on extra-contractual causes of action in federal court in bad faith lawsuit against Fortune 50 admitted carrier
- Tried numerous UIM cases to verdict in counties all around southeast Texas
- Acted as lead market counsel in a number of commercial hail claims
- Oversaw numerous appraisals in commercial and personal lines claims
- Baylor University School of Law (J.D., 1986)
- University of California at Berkeley
- Texas, 1986
- Kentucky, 2000
- Southern District of Texas
- Northern District of Texas
- Eastern District of Texas
- Western District of Texas
- U.S Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit
Professional and Community Activities
- State Bar of Texas Insurance Law Section