Chris maintains a diverse casualty litigation practice with an emphasis on defending general contractors and subcontractors in construction defect litigation, including HVAC, plumbing, electrical, structural, moisture intrusion, and workplace safety issues. Chris also represents companies and individuals in cases involving personal injury, wrongful death, negligence, intentional torts, deceptive trade practices, premises liability, and products liability. In addition to his casualty experience, Chris represents various business operations in a broad range of commercial disputes.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of fire suppression system installation company on construction defect claim in Tarrant County, Texas.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of product supplier and installer on construction defect claim in Tarrant County, Texas.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of framing contractor on construction defect claim in Denton County, Texas.
- Obtained defense verdict on behalf of national furniture rental chain on negligence/assault claim in Grayson County, Texas.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of national movie theatre chain on personal injury claim brought by customer in Dallas County, Texas.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of local auto body shop on personal injury claim brought by former worker in Dallas County, Texas.
- Obtained dismissal on behalf of restaurant in negligence lawsuit arising from automobile accident in Bexar County, Texas
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of company that sells motorized wheelchairs on personal injury claim brought by customer.
- Negotiated favorable settlements on behalf of numerous clients in matters involving property damage and personal injury.
- Advise insurers in connection with enforceability of various contractual provisions, including indemnity and limitation of liability provisions
- St. Mary's University School of Law (J.D., 2010)
- St. Mary's Law Journal, Executive Board-Comment Editor
- Hardin-Simmons University (B.S., 2006)
- cum laude
- Texas, 2010
- United States District Court, Northern, Western, Southern, and Eastern Districts of Texas
Professional and Community Activities
- Dallas Bar Association
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- Texas Young Lawyers Association
- Named to the Texas Super Lawyers® - Rising Star list, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020