Nineteen Thompson Coe Lawyers Recognized in 2021 Editions of Best Lawyers and Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch
Dallas, TX, United States, August 20, 2020 -- Thompson, Coe, Cousins & Irons, LLP is pleased to announce that 17 lawyers have been included in the 2021 Edition of The Best Lawyers in America. In addition, Dallas partners and members of the firm's Management Committee, Tom Culpepper and Ellen Van Meir, obtained the "Lawyer of the Year" recognition, wherein they received the highest overall peer-feedback for their practice area and geographic region. Only one lawyer is recognized as the "Lawyer of the Year" for each specialty and location. Finally, two attorneys, Austin senior attorney Lauren Doughty and Dallas senior attorney Tom Annis, were recognized as "Ones to Watch." These awards are recognitions given to attorneys who are earlier in their careers for outstanding professional excellence in private practice in the United States. "Ones to Watch" recipients typically have been in practice for 5-9 years.
Since it was first published in 1983, Best Lawyers has become universally regarded as the definitive guide to legal excellence.
"Best Lawyers was founded in 1981 with the purpose of highlighting the extraordinary accomplishments of those in the legal profession. After three decades, we are proud to continue to serve as the most reliable, unbiased source of legal referrals worldwide," says CEO Phillip Greer.
Lawyers on The Best Lawyers in America list are divided by geographic region and practice areas. They are reviewed by their peers on the basis of professional expertise, and undergo an authentication process to make sure they are in current practice and in good standing.
Thompson Coe would like to congratulate the following lawyers named to 2021 The Best Lawyers in America list:
- Jennifer Aufricht - Personal Injury Litigation - Defendants and Product Liability Litigation - Defendants
- Rodney D. Bucker - Insurance Law
- Jack M. Cleaveland - Insurance Law
- Thomas A. Culpepper - Professional Malpractice Law - Defendants - "Lawyer of the Year"
- Rodrigo Garcia - Insurance Law
- J. Richard Harmon - Insurance Law
- James N. Isbell - Construction Law
- Brian S. Martin - Insurance Law
- Barry A. Moscowitz - Litigation - Labor and Employment and Personal Injury Litigation - Defendants
- Randy A. Nelson - Personal Injury Litigation - Defendants
- Jeffrey D. Otto - Personal Injury Litigation - Defendants and Product Liability Litigation - Defendants
- David M. Taylor - Product Liability Litigation - Defendants
- Jay A. Thompson - Administrative / Regulatory Law and Insurance Law
- Rhonda Thompson - Litigation - Insurance
- Ellen M. Van Meir - Insurance Law and Litigation - Insurance - "Lawyer of the Year"
- Ronald D. Wamsted - Personal Injury Litigation - Defendants and Product Liability Litigation - Defendants
- Harrison H. Yoss - Insurance Law
2021 Ones to Watch:
- Thomas Annis - Professional Malpractice Law
- Lauren C. Doughty - Insurance Law and Personal Injury Litigation - Defendants
About Thompson, Coe, Cousins & Irons, LLP
Founded in 1951, Thompson Coe has been providing legal services to clients both regionally and nationally for over 65 years. We are a 200+ attorney firm with offices in Austin, Dallas, and Houston Texas, Los Angeles, California, New Orleans, Louisiana, and St. Paul, Minnesota. The firm is highly recognized for its civil litigation capabilities and our diverse group of attorneys has the experience, resources, and capacity to respond to the multi-service demands of our clients across multiple states and industries. Thompson Coe offers comprehensive legal services in areas of Insurance Litigation and Coverage, Products Liability, Mass Torts, Property and Casualty Litigation, Labor and Employment, Business & Commercial Litigation, Professional Liability, Appellate Law, Insurance Regulation, State Legislation, and Business Transactions, among others.