Leslie Richardson represents clients in matters involving personal injury, wrongful death, business disputes, and employment classification and discrimination. As a former plaintiffs’ attorney and insurance claims analyst, her experience provides for a diverse and well-rounded perspective throughout the life of a lawsuit. Additionally, Leslie is a trained mediator and uses her dispute resolution training and experience to assist litigants in efficiently and effectively resolving their disputes.
She has represented a wide variety of clients, including national retailers, software companies, international production companies, non-profit organizations, community managers, major insurance companies, small business owners, oil companies and contractors, municipalities, city employees, and injured workers. These matters have involved claimed damages ranging from a few thousand to over a hundred million dollars.
As a service to her clients, Leslie provides seminars and training on a variety of topics, including tort litigation, claims investigation, and ethics.
In the area of employment law, Leslie represents employers who are non-subscribers to workers’ compensation in Texas and frequently defends clients in lawsuits and arbitration brought by workers who have sustained injuries on the job. She is often asked to defend companies where there are catastrophic injuries or death and advises clients on the formation of their non-subscriber plans and arbitration programs. Leslie also represents employers throughout Texas against claims involving employment classification, discrimination, retaliation, and wrongful termination.
Recognizing the unique and often sensitive nature of employment lawsuits, she strives to collaborate with her clients to achieve creative and favorable outcomes for complicated problems.
- Obtained numerous take nothing awards as lead counsel in Texas non-subscriber work injury arbitrations on behalf of major U.S. retailers.
- Obtained favorable arbitration award for major U.S. retailer equating to approximately 1% of the plaintiff’s final demand.
- Successfully compelled arbitration in multiple Texas non-subscriber cases in Dallas and El Paso Counties.
- Successfully negotiated favorable settlements in numerous personal injury, medical malpractice, homeowners associations, employment discrimination, and high-stakes commercial disputes.
- Texas Tech University School of Law (J.D., 2011)
- Texas Tech Law Review, Comment Editor
- The University of Texas at Austin (B.A. Psychology, 2008)
- Minor in Business
- Texas, 2011
- United States District Court, Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court, Southern District of Texas
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- United States District Court, Western District of Texas
Professional and Community Activities
- Dallas Bar Association
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- Dallas Asian American Bar Association
- Lake Highlands Junior Women's League, Public Relations Director 2019-2021
Speeches and Presentations
"You Ain't from Around These Parts,"Ethics Presentation, January 9, 2020, presented with Barry A. Moscowitz