Brittney Williams and Jordan Woody Honored as Top 40 Under 40 Black Lawyers in Texas
May 26, 2021
Houston senior attorney Brittney Williams and Dallas senior attorney Jordan Woody have been recognized by the National Black Lawyers (NBL) organization as Top 40 Under 40 Black Lawyers in Texas. This is an honor given to only a select group of lawyers for their superior skills and qualifications in the field, and is limited to the top 40 attorneys under the age of 40 in each state who have demonstrated excellence and have achieved outstanding results in their careers. This is the second year in a row Brittney and Jordan have received this recognition.
The selection process for this elite honor is based on a multi-phase process which includes peer nominations combined with third party research. In order to be nominated, an individual must meet the following criteria:
- Outstanding reputation among peers, the judiciary and the public
- Notable achievements, settlements, and verdicts as a lawyer
- Nominations from leading lawyers, current members, and Executive Committee members
- Leadership and membership in other national and state specialty lawyer organizations
- Rankings and ratings by leading national evaluation organizations
The NBL is one of very few preeminent organizations in the United States established to promote the nation’s top black attorneys and is designed to enhance the professional development of its members. Membership into the organization is by invitation only and is extended exclusively to attorneys who excel in their profession or promote diversity.
- Brittney Williams is a senior litigation attorney whose practice primarily focuses on labor and employment and commercial litigation. Specifically, Brittney counsels clients on compliance issues regarding employee handbooks and policies, leaves of absence, reductions in force, unemployment compensation, and conducting management and employee trainings. She also represents employers in various types of employment disputes involving wrongful termination, retaliation, harassment and discrimination, disability accommodations, wage and hour disputes, and employment tort claims.
- Jordan P. Woody counsels and represents clients in employment litigation in both federal and state court. Jordan also represents clients in both state and federal administrative proceedings before the Texas Workforce Commission (TWC), United States Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), and the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB). As former in-house counsel, Jordan has experience in all aspects of corporate human resources, including creating employee handbooks, conducting investigations, responding to employee complaints, and termination of employees for discriminatory behavior.