Brian Hensley’s practice focuses primarily on defending businesses and individual clients in personal injury lawsuits involving allegations of product liability, premises liability, dram shop, general negligence, and other tort-related claims. Brian partners with his clients and their insurers to efficiently resolve wrongful death, catastrophic personal injury and property damage claims in both state and federal courts across Texas. He also has experience in defending contractors against construction defect claims and professional service providers in lawsuits involving allegations of professional negligence and misconduct.
Brian's product liability practice focuses on defending all manner of product manufacturers and sellers across Texas. He has defended claims involving allegations of defective automobiles, automobile components and tires. In addition, he has defended client manufacturers and sellers in cases involving product defect allegations relating to construction materials and skylights.
Brian has defended property owners and property management entities involving a wide variety of premises liability and negligent activity claims; including slip and falls, sexual molestations, and general personal injury cases.
Brian's construction defect practice has included the defense of various types of contractors against claims of defective installation and contract disputes. His representation of these clients includes all types of complex projects: commercial, hospitals, multi-family housing, and personal residences.
Brian's defense of businesses against dram shop claims has resulted in favorable outcomes for his clients in cases involving wrongful death and catastrophic injury.
Brian regularly defends Homeowners’ Associations in a variety of matters including breach of covenants, wrongful foreclosure, and breach of fiduciary duty cases.
- Obtained a defense verdict on behalf of commercial mechanic in catastrophic injury case involving a crush injury to an operator of a bucket lift.
- Obtained summary judgments for Homeowners’ Associations in breach of contract claims brought by members.
- On trial team that obtained defense verdict for automobile manufacturer in Federal District Court in paraplegic injury case alleging manufacturing and design defects in vehicle.
- Obtained summary judgments for automobile manufacturer in catastrophic injury cases alleging defective handling and stability and defective restraints in vehicles.
- Trial experience in personal injury and professional negligence actions.
- Obtained dismissal on behalf of property owner in premises liability action.
- Obtained favorable settlement for contractor in large multi-party construction defect case involving a hospital project.
- Briefed, argued and successfully preserved Fortune 500 company's claims of privilege and confidentiality relating to internal company documents.
- Represented Ford Motor Company as co-defense counsel in Texas Multi-District Litigation involving hundreds of property damage claims alleging design defects in Ford vehicles caused fires.
- Represents national products manufacturer in catastrophic personal injury and wrongful death cases.
- Represents property owners and property management companies in defense of premises liability and dram shop claims.
- Represents homeowners and property owners' associations against claims of breach of fiduciary duty and breach of contract claims.
- University of Houston Law Center (J.D., 2002)
- cum laude
- The University of Texas at Austin (B.A., 1998)
- Texas, 2002
- United States District Court, Northern, Southern, Western and Eastern Districts of Texas
Professional and Community Activities
- Fellows of the Texas Bar Foundation, Elected 2016
- State Bar of Texas
- Travis County Bar Association
- Texas Association of Defense Counsel
Speeches and Presentations
- "Texas Dram Shop Liability: From Last Call to Verdict,” Thompson Coe Webinar, October 15, 2019
- Is Law School Right for Me? Law and Life Series sponsored by the University of Texas Liberal Arts Career Services Office and Peek & Toland Law Firm. Panel participant, 2013
- Handling the Automobile Injury Claim in Texas, National Business Institute Seminar for the Texas Department of Insurance Continuing Education Program, 2003