Tommy Horan is an experienced attorney specializing in professional liability defense for clients in the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex and throughout the state of Texas. He also handles construction claims, premises liability claims, personal injury claims, and complex commercial litigation. Comfortable with multimillion dollar claims down to simple two party disputes, Tommy approaches every case with the same goal: a quick, efficient and advantageous resolution for his client.
Before joining Thompson Coe, Tommy served as an Assistant District Attorney in Rockwall County where he gained extensive trial experience and was Chief of the Misdemeanor Division.
- Obtained defense verdict after two week trial involving allegations of theft of trade secret and tortious interference with a contract.
- Obtained dismissal of a lawsuit alleging a real estate agent tortiously interfered with an exclusive listing agreement.
- Obtained dismissal of lawsuit alleging family law lawyer mishandled legal matter and violated numerous disciplinary rules.
- Obtained dismissal of alleged housing discrimination complaint filed with the Texas Workforce Commission Civil Rights & Discrimination against a real estate agent.
- Obtained summary judgment for lawyer alleged to have mishandled multi-million dollar personal injury matter.
- Represented lawyers in grievance proceedings before the State Bar of Texas.
- Obtained take nothing judgment for clients in a $13 million legal malpractice case after three week trial.
- Obtained dismissal of declaratory judgment against a large homeowners’ association.
- Obtained summary judgment for commercial litigation lawyer alleged to have committed malpractice in the handling of his client’s business formation documents.
- First and second chair trial experience in over 50 criminal jury trials and trials before the court.
- Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law (J.D., 2009)
- University of Southern California (B.S., 2002)
- Public Policy and Management
- Magna Cum Laude
- Texas, 2009
Professional and Community Activities
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association, member
- Dallas Bar Association
- Dallas Asian American Bar Association
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- USC Alumni Club of North Texas
- Watermark Community Church
Speeches and Presentations
- “Avoiding Legal Malpractice,” presented for the family law section of a large regional law firm, February 2016.
- “Legal Malpractice & Grievances (or Things That Can Ruin A Lawyer’s Day),” presented for the Rockwall Bar Association, April 15, 2016.