Ray focuses his practice on insurance coverage and bad-faith cases in state and federal courts throughout the United States. He also assists insurance companies and commercial clients with complex issues in litigation, including jurisdictional challenges, summary judgments, expert challenges, mandamus relief, the jury charge, and post-trial motions.
In addition to his insurance coverage practice, Ray has extensive experience defending ERISA lawsuits, and he regularly advises employee welfare benefit plans and third party administrators, during both the administrative review process and litigation.
Before entering private practice, Ray served as a law clerk for the appellate division of the United States Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of Texas and a judicial intern for the Honorable Terry Jennings of the First Court of Appeals.
- South Texas College of Law (J.D., 2009)
- South Texas Law Review, Assistant Note and Comment Editor
- Bodman Foundation Award for Best Law Review Article on Natural Resource Law
- Academic Merit Scholarship
- Florida State University (B.S., cum laude, 2006)
- Bright Futures Academic Scholarship
- Dean's List
- Texas, 2010
- Washington, 2019
- United States District Court, Northern, Southern, Western and Eastern Districts of Texas
- United States Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
Professional and Community Activities
- Houston Bar Association’s Professionalism Committee Member 2014-present
- Houston Bar Association’s Lawyers for Literacy Member 2014-present
- Volunteer Pro Bono Attorney for Catholic Charities 2016 -present
- Law & Politics magazine's 2018 & 2019 Texas Super Lawyers® - Rising Stars list