Morgan Wells has experience defending companies in a wide variety of matters with an emphasis on catastrophic personal injury and wrongful death claims. Morgan has experience handling these types of matters at every stage of a prospective claim, from shortly after an incident occurs through all phases of the litigation process. Morgan draws heavily on his risk management background in order to effectively manage litigation and obtain the best results for his clients.
Morgan has experience defending companies in the petrochemical, construction, insurance, transportation, retail, and hospitality industries, including numerous Fortune 500 companies and other industry leaders, in a variety of negligence and breach of contract actions and has assisted in handling numerous matters arising out of incidents which attracted substantial media attention. In additional, Morgan has also handled numerous products liability matters for a variety of domestic and international product manufacturers and distributors.
- Obtained jury verdict in favor of freight company whose tractor-trailer was alleged to have collided with a passenger vehicle on a major highway in Houston, Texas.
- Obtained favorable settlement at mediation for small subcontractor involved in construction defect lawsuit stemming from alleged water intrusion into large residential apartment complex.
- Obtained favorable settlement on behalf of major security company whose employees were accused of assaulting spectator at high-profile sporting event
- Authored summary judgment motion on behalf of product manufacturer on design and manufacturing claims which resulted in Plaintiff voluntarily dismissed those claims on the record and led to a favorable settlement with respect to the remaining claims
- Participated heavily in international arbitration proceeding relating to eight-figure breach of contract in the petrochemical setting.
- Southern Methodist University (J.D., 2017)
- International Law Review
- University of Georgia (B.B.A., 2014)
- Majored in Risk Management and Insurance
- Texas, 2017
- Southern District of Texas 2018