Joe is a zealous trial attorney, who has experience in trial. His practice areas include casualty defense, insurance litigation, premise liability, and commercial automobile accidents.
Prior to joining Thompson Coe, Joe worked as an Assistant District Attorney for the Harris County District Attorney’s office for almost four years where he was lead counsel on over a dozen trials and over one-hundred hearings. Joe spent majority of his time in the Adult Sex Crimes and Trafficking Division.
Joe received his Juris Doctor degree from the University of Missouri School of Law, in Columbia, Missouri. During his time in law school Joe was recognized for his advocacy skills by being selected to be the first African American male to be the Chairman for the Board of Advocates and was selected to be on the ABA National Mock-Trial Team. While Joe is gifted in oral advocacy he is also equally gifted in written advocacy. Joe was selected to be on the Missouri Law Review, which is one of the oldest legal publications west of the Mississippi River. During his last year on the Missouri Law Review, Joe was selected to be a part of the Senior Editorial Board as the Senior Associate Editor.
Joe is originally from Birmingham, Alabama which most can recognize by his southern charm. Outside of work, Joe likes to workout at the gym, try new restaurants, and watch college and NFL football.
- University of Missouri School of Law (J.D., with honors, 2017)
- Order of Barrister
- Missouri Law Review – Senior Associate Editor
- Board of Advocates – Chairman
- Dean's List
- Auburn University (B.A. Political Science, 2013)
- Honor Graduate
- Student Government Association – Inaugural Supreme Court Justice
- Texas, 2017
Professional and Community Activities
- National Black Prosecutor Association
- Houston Young Lawyers Association
- Houston Bar Association
Speeches and Presentations
- How to Investigate Human Trafficking Cases, Training of Humble Police Officers/United Against Human Trafficking, Humble ISD Headquarters, May 2021
- Doing Direct Examinations in Trial, Training of County Court Prosecutors/Harris County District Attorney’s Office, Houston, TX, September 2020
- How to R.I.P call a Witnesses, Training of County Court Prosecutors/Harris County District Attorney’s Office, Houston, TX, October 2019