Elizabeth is an attorney in the firm's appellate and litigation sections, maintaining an active and diverse practice. Elizabeth is experienced with all aspects of civil trial and appellate litigation in state and federal court, including fact investigation, case development and strategy, drafting and arguing motions, settlement, and drafting merits briefs on appeal.
Prior to joining the firm, Elizabeth served as a judicial law clerk for Justice Phil Johnson of the Supreme Court of Texas.
- Managed and drafted briefing in appeals around the country regarding general and specific personal jurisdiction.
- Represented auto manufacturer, managing briefing and drafting significant portions, in an appeal of a wrongful death case. The trial court granted summary judgment in favor of the manufacturer based on the Texas statute of repose and choice of law analysis. The Dallas Court of Appeals affirmed the judgment. Stevenson v. Ford Motor Co., 608 S.W.3d 109 (Tex. App.—Dallas 2020, no pet. h.).
- Represented a law firm and attorney, handling briefing and presenting oral argument, in an appeal, and obtained reversal of the trial court’s denial of our Motion to Dismiss under the Texas Citizens Participation Act. Smith Robertson, L.L.P. v. Hamlin, 03-18-00754-CV, 2019 WL 3023304, (Tex. App.—Austin July 11, 2019).
- Baylor University School of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 2017)
- Baylor Law Review, Executive Editor
- Order of the Barristers
- Texas A&M University (B.B.A., 1995)
- Marketing and Management
- magna cum laude
- Texas, 2017
- District of Columbia, 2019
- United States District Court, Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court, Southern District of Texas
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- United States District Court, Western District of Texas
- United States Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- United States Supreme Court
Professional and Community Activities
- Austin Bar Association
- Austin Young Lawyers Association
- Texas Supreme Court Historical Society
- Texas Aggie Bar Association
- Travis County Women Lawyers’ Association
- Law Clerk, Justice Phil Johnson, Supreme Court of Texas, 2017-2018
- 09.04.17 - Co-Author, Economic Loss Rule: Texas 2017 Update, State Bar of Texas, Damages in Civil Litigation 2017 CLE
- 05.01.17 - Will Simon Tam and The Slants Bring an End to the Disparagement Provision Within Section 2(A) of the Lanham Act? One Rock Band's Fight for Free Speech, 69 Baylor L. Rev 194