Chris is a partner in the New Orleans office of Thompson Coe. He joined the firm in 2016 and practices in the Insurance Litigation and Coverage Practice Group and Casualty Group. Chris has extensive experience in the areas of insurance litigation, coverage disputes, premises liability, products liability, wrongful death, professional liability, securities litigation and corporate governance. Chris has defended various individuals, companies, and insurance carriers in catastrophic personal injury claims, wrongful death and survival claims, elevator accidents, and explosion accidents. As a member of the Data Privacy and Cyber Security group, Chris regularly advises individuals and business on issues relating to data privacy, data loss and breach response, cybersecurity, cyber liability insurance, and data protection best practices. Chris is a Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/US).
- Managed large scale data breach response for national medical billing company.
- Advised various online retailers on privacy and data protection policies and protocols.
- Obtained dismissal on behalf of a transportation company in a commercial automobile accident lawsuit
- Obtained favorable settlement on behalf of medical device manufacturer in medical device lawsuit
- Defeated summary judgment on behalf of offshore oilfield services company in collections case resulting in a favorable resolution
- Advised FINRA broker-dealer on data and privacy policies and cybersecurity best practices under SEC and FINRA cybersecurity guidelines
- Advised non-profit organization on privacy and data protection safeguards under various state and federal laws, including HIPAA and Children's Online Privacy Protection Act
- Advised social media company on privacy and data protection rules and regulations
- Represents business, property owners, and developers in wrongful death, survival and personal injury claims
- Represents owners and managers of live music venues, apartment complexes, and national fast food chain franchises in general premises liability and negligent security litigation
- Represents excess insurance carriers in catastrophic personal injury claims
- Represents insurance agents, brokers, and retailers in professional liability and flood claims
- Loyola University New Orleans School of Law (J.D., 2010)
- cum laude
- Taxation Certificate
- International Business Certificate
- Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program
- Loyola Law and Technology Annual, Print Editor
- Wayne State University (B.A., 2007)
- Louisiana, 2010
- United States District Courts for the Eastern, Middle and Western Districts of Louisiana, 2010
- United States Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit, 2010.
- Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/ US), International Association of Privacy Professional, 2014
Professional and Community Activities
- New Orleans KnowledgeNet Chapter, Co-Chair
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- New Orleans Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Loyola New Orleans College of Law Alumni Association
- International Association of Privacy Professionals
- Loyola Institute of Politics
- Board Member, The NET Charter High School
- Board Member, Nola City Bark
- Board Member, Law Young Alumni Board, Loyola Univ. New Orleans School of Law
- The Mariner’s Club of New Orleans
- Volunteer, Louisiana Center for Children’s Rights
- Volunteer, A Child’s Wish
- Volunteer and Parishioner, St. Catherine of Sienna Parish
Speeches and Presentations
- Data Protection, Cybersecurity and Cyber Insurance Outlook, National Webinar, January 15, 2019.
- Auto Injury Litigation: The Ultimate Guide, National Business Institute, December 2018.
- Behind the Scenes of the Insurance Company - What You Don't Know,National Business Institute, New Orleans, Louisiana, December 6-7, 2018.
- Effective Document Control and Organization, National Business Institute, New Orleans, Louisiana, November 6, 2018.
- Cyber Litigation Update, National Webinar, November 13, 2018.
- Cybersecurity: Ethics and Cyber Liability Trends, National Webinar, February 2018.
- Privacy and Data Protection Strategies for Non-Profit Organizations, Private Board Meeting, Metairie, Louisiana, January 2018.
- Negotiating Tactics and Psychological Strategies to Gain the Edge, National Business Institute, New Orleans, Louisiana, October 2017.
- Cyber Risk Management, Tulane University, New Orleans, Louisiana, December 2015.