Christa Hykaway is an experienced civil litigation attorney who has represented individuals and companies through all phases of litigation across the country, in both state and federal court. Her practice focuses on premises liability, products liability, automobile/trucking accidents, industrial oilfield accidents, sporting accidents, dram shop liability, and medical malpractice.
Christa has defended parties in personal injury, wrongful death, breach of contract and property damage cases, including property owners, management companies, restaurant owners, general contractors, subcontractors, product manufacturers/sellers, United States sports associations and nursing homes. Her work has involved a wide range of issues including workplace safety, course safety involving sports, premises safety, criminal activity that has occurred at a property, security issues, excavation and utilities work, heavy equipment operation, over-service of alcohol, defective products, and nursing care neglect.
As part of her practice, Christa strives to provide each of her clients with a comprehensive investigation and evaluation of their cases to develop the best client-specific defense. Christa also has honed her skills on taking and defending depositions of all calibers of witnesses, including experts such as doctors, professional engineers, certified safety professionals, and accident reconstructionists. In addition, Christa strives to provide all of her clients, small or big, with the work ethic she developed as an Olympic level athlete.
- Took deposition of Plaintiff’s accident reconstruction expert resulting in demand being decreased by $5 million
- Litigation counsel for leading provider of transportation insurance in a first party insurance claim, resulting in a defense verdict.
- Litigation counsel for national pub in dram shop liability claims, resulting in favorable settlements.
- Litigation counsel for operator of oil and gas well, resulting in favorable settlement.
- Obtained summary judgment for premises owner for claims against it during the construction of a nuclear power plant in federal court.
- University of Arkansas School of Law (J.D., 2004)
- Top of class in Trial Advocacy
- University of Arkansas (B.A., 2001)
- Criminal Justice/Psychology
- Full Athletic Scholarship - Swimming & Diving Team
- Texas, 2005
- Arkansas, 2012
- Georgia, 2013
- Illinois, 2014
- United States District Court, Northern, Western and Eastern Districts of Texas
Professional and Community Activities