Cassie Dallas focuses her practice on appeals and mandamus proceedings in Texas state and federal courts. Cassie has considerable experience preparing appellate briefs, original proceedings, motions to dismiss, summary-judgment motions, jury charges, and post-judgement motions. She has argued numerous cases before the Second and Fifth Courts of Appeal.
Cassie's appeals often involve issues of first impression, and she has obtained favorable results on behalf of insurers, health care providers, premises owners, property owners associations, licensed professionals, and businesses.
Cassie also has broad experience representing individual and corporate defendants at all stages of litigation. She has worked to resolve high stakes business disputes, property disputes, and claims involving personal injury, premises liability, and professional malpractice. Cassie regularly partners with trial counsel to assist in preserving error for appeal and briefing critical pre-trial and post-judgment motions.
Before joining Thompson Coe, Cassie served as a law clerk to Justice Michael Massengale of the First court of Appeals of Texas.
- Won Fifth Circuit appeal in which the court affirmed dismissal of defamation and tortious interference claims brought against insurer
- Won Tenth Circuit appeal in which the court affirmed dismissal of breach of contract and bad faith claims against national insurance company
- Argued and won appeal in premises liability case against national retailer
- Argued and won appeal in premises liability case against property owner and property management company
- Argued and won appeal in suit to enforce deed restrictions against property owner
- Argued and won appeal in health care liability claim, obtaining reversal of judgment and dismissal of plaintiff's health care liability claims against rehabilitation center
- Won permissive interlocutory appeal and obtained dismissal of claims for bad faith, unfair settlement practices, breach of contract, breach of duty of good faith and fair dealing, and DTPA violations
- Won dismissal on appeal of claims against gun range based on section 128.053 of the Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code
- Won appeal and obtained dismissal of negligence and gross negligence claims against indoor trampoline park
- Won appeal and obtained reversal of default judgment entered against business owner and real estate developer
- Won appeal in negligent activity and premises liability case against commercial waste disposal company
- Won appeal in breach of contract and bad faith case against insurer who denied coverage under policy endorsement
- Won appeal in legal malpractice case on behalf of attorney who provided tax advice to estate client
- Texas Tech University School of Law (J.D., summa cum laude, 2010)
- Order of the Coif
- Texas Tech Law Review, Student Writing Editor
- Phi Delta Phi
- Southwestern University (B.A., summa cum laude, 2007)
- English and Commucations
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Texas, 2010
- Northern, Eastern and Southern District of Texas
- United States Court of Appeals, Fifth and Tenth Circuits
Professional and Community Activities
- William "Mac" Taylor Inn of Court
- Dallas Bar Association
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- 2017 Mentor of McKinney ISD Interdisciplinary Study and Mentorship Program
Speeches and Presentations
- Co-Authored: 'Recovering Medical Expenses in Personal Injury Cases,' to be presented by Kirk Pittard and Michael Yanof at Damages in Civil Litigation Seminar, Feb. 2014.
Cassie has authored or co-authored several articles including:
- Co-Authored: Martin T. Booher, Jason Yearout & Cassie J. Dallas, State of Play: Shale Development Highlights from 2012 and Predictions for 2013, FINANCIER WORLDWIDE., Apr. 2013.
- Co-Authored: Ben Pfefferle, R. Tom Stilwell, Cassie Dallas & Jason Yearout, Drilling Through the Bureaucracy: Disclosing the Rules for Fracturing, OIL & GAS FIN. J., Aug. 6, 2012.
- Not in My Backyard: The Implications of Sex Offender Residency Ordinances in Texas and Beyond,41 TEX. TECH L. REV. 1235 (2009).