Cassie Dallas is Board Certified in Civil Appellate Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. Cassie was recently named a Texas Rising Star for 2020.
Cassie focuses her practice on appeals and mandamus proceedings in Texas state and federal courts. Cassie has considerable experience preparing appellate briefs, original proceedings, motions to dismiss, summary-judgment motions, jury charges, and post-judgment motions. She handles matters across the state of Texas has argued numerous cases before the Second and Fifth Courts of Appeal.
Cassie’s appeals often involve issues of first impression, and she has obtained favorable results on behalf of insurers, health care providers, premises owners, property owners associations, licensed professionals, and businesses.
Cassie also has broad experience representing individual and corporate defendants at all stages of litigation. She has worked to resolve high stakes business disputes, property disputes, and claims involving personal injury, premises liability, and professional malpractice. Cassie regularly partners with trial counsel to assist in preserving error for appeal and briefing critical pre-trial and post-judgment motions.
Before joining Thompson Coe, Cassie served as a law clerk to Justice Michael Massengale of the First Court of Appeals of Texas.
- Texas Tech University School of Law (J.D., summa cum laude, 2010)
- Order of the Coif
- Texas Tech Law Review, Student Writing Editor
- Phi Delta Phi
- Southwestern University (B.A., summa cum laude, 2007)
- English and Commucations
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Texas, 2010
- Northern, Eastern and Southern District of Texas
- United States Court of Appeals, Fifth and Tenth Circuits
Professional and Community Activities
- William "Mac" Taylor Inn of Court
- Dallas Bar Association
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- 2017 Mentor of McKinney ISD Interdisciplinary Study and Mentorship Program
Speeches and Presentations
- Going on Offense: Strategic Planning to Beat Reptile Tactics, Webinar, February 18, 2020, presented with Barry A. Moscowitz
- Avoiding Stowers Pitfalls Before and After Trial, Webinar, February 19, 2019
- Co-Authored: 'Recovering Medical Expenses in Personal Injury Cases,' to be presented by Kirk Pittard and Michael Yanof at Damages in Civil Litigation Seminar, Feb. 2014.
Cassie has authored or co-authored several articles including:
- Co-Authored: Martin T. Booher, Jason Yearout & Cassie J. Dallas, State of Play: Shale Development Highlights from 2012 and Predictions for 2013, FINANCIER WORLDWIDE., Apr. 2013.
- Co-Authored: Ben Pfefferle, R. Tom Stilwell, Cassie Dallas & Jason Yearout, Drilling Through the Bureaucracy: Disclosing the Rules for Fracturing, OIL & GAS FIN. J., Aug. 6, 2012.
- Not in My Backyard: The Implications of Sex Offender Residency Ordinances in Texas and Beyond,41 TEX. TECH L. REV. 1235 (2009).
Texas Super Lawyers - Rising Stars - 2020