Reported Miscellaneous Cases
- Successfully defended dismissal of defamation and tortious interference claims by a purported former employee for failure to state a claim. Copeland v. State Farm Ins. Co., 657 Fed. App’x 237 (5th Cir. 2016).
- Obtained reversal of multi-million fraud judgment against real estate developer. Lake v. Cravens, 488 S.W.3d 867 (Tex. App.—Fort Worth 2016, no pet.). 02-11-00464-CV
- Successfully defended the trial court’s ruling that a wife’s transfer of her sole management property to a trust was not fradulent as to her husband’s judgment creditor. Beal Bank v. Gilbert, 417 S.W.3d 704 (Tex. App.—Dallas 2013, no pet.). 05-12-00692-CV
- Successfully defended the trial court’s order determining that certain documents presented to and file stamped by the clerk were in fact court records as defined by the Texas Rules of Civil Procedure in a defamation action. Cortez v. Johnson, 378 S.W.3d 468 (Tex. App.—Texarkana 2012, pet. denied). 06-11-00089-CV
- Successfully defended a dealership servicer’s no-evidence motion for summary judgment in a DTPA action. Best Auto v. Autohaus, LLC, 339 S.W.3d 372 (Tex. App.—Dallas 2011, no pet.).