Zandra Foley is a trial attorney who represents clients in complex litigation matters related to products liability, mass torts, malpractice, and errors and omissions. She also defends clients who have been sued for various intentional torts including assault, battery, libel, slander, and defamation. Zandra has served as national and regional trial counsel on medical device, product liability, and mass tort-related matters and has extensive experience advising clients on a variety of complex disputes with an eye toward early and efficient resolution.
Zandra has been named to Law & Politics magazine's Texas Super Lawyers® - Rising Star list for 2007, 2008 and Named to Texas Super Lawyers® - Rising Star list, a Thompson Reuters Business: 2011-2017.
- Obtained defense verdict for national product manufacturer in three-week wrongful death trial regarding asbestos exposure.
- Obtained defense verdict on behalf of homeowner in wrongful death shooting case.
- Obtained defense verdict on behalf of forensic expert accountant sued by a client seeking millions for breach of fiduciary duty, negligence and malpractice in relation expert proceedings provided in divorce proceedings.
- Defended staffing agency in medical malpractice trial.
- Obtained defense verdict for Ford Motor Company in a DTPA/Consumer law claim.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of a home dialysis company in a medical malpractice lawsuit concerning the applicability of the responsible third party statute to the medical malpractice claims.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of foster parents accused of lack of supervision in a case involving the sexual assault of a child by a third party.
- Obtained directed verdict on behalf of environmental sanitation company sued for damages allegedly sustained after providing services in response to Tropical Storm Allison.
- Defended one of the nation’s largest brick manufacturers in personal injury lawsuit.
- The University of Texas School of Law (J.D., 2001)
- Order of Barristers
- Teaching Quizmaster
- National Mock Trial Champion
- Texas A&M University (B.A. Political Science, 1998)
- cum laude
- Texas, 2001
- Arkansas, 2017
- United States District Court, Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court, Southern District of Texas
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- United States District Court, Western District of Texas
- Named to Law & Politics magazine's Texas Super Lawyers® - Rising Star list for 2007, 2008
- Named to Texas Super Lawyers® - Rising Star list, a Thompson Reuters Business: 2011-2017
Professional and Community Activities
- International Association of Defense Counsel (IADC), Member
- IADC Trial Techniques and Tactics Committee, Vice-Chair of Newsletter, 2019 to present
Speeches and Presentations
- What’s Trending? Stay Ahead of the Curve with the Latest Trends, Tips, and Significant Cases in Professional Liability, DRI Professional Liability Virtual Seminar, December 2, 2020
- Becoming an Active Ally to Black Women: How to Get Involved, Increase Your Diverse Attorneys, and Educate Others About Racial and Social Injustice, IADC Webinar, panel speaker, October 08, 2020
- Optimal Pretrial and Trial Strategies to Resolve Causation, 19th Annual LMRM Conference, March 3-6, 2020, Chicago, IL
- Understanding Personal Injury Law, Texas Personal Injury Practice for Paralegals, February 28, 2020, Austin, TX
- Recent Trends in Texas Professional Liability Cases, CPCU Luncheon, January 21,2020, Houston, TX
- Natural Disasters: When Insurance and Real Estate Agents Become the Insurance, DRI Professional Liability Seminar, December 6, 2019, New York, NY
- Claim Repair: If It's Broken, Can You Fix It?, 18th Annual LMRM Conference, March 6-7, 2019, Chicago, IL
- The Ethics Game: An Interactive Approach to Understanding the Top Ethics Developments This Year, Association of Professional Responsibility Lawyers, August 2-4, 2018, Chicago, IL
- What Just Happened: 2017 Professional Liability Year in Review,2017 DRI Professional Liability Seminar, New York, NY
- I Made a Mistake. What Now? Don’t Make it Worse!:DRI Annual Meeting, Professional Liability/Lawyers Ethics & Professionalism CLE Presentation, October 2016, Boston, Massachusetts
- Prohibition Against Pink Doors and Other Litigation Issues Affecting Common Interest Developments,8th Annual Texas Insurance and Tort Law Update 2015, Houston, Texas
- Litigation Issues Affecting Common Interest Developments,DRI Professional Liability Seminar 2014, New York, New York
- Lights, Camera, Action: The Jury Trial, Thompson Coe’s 7th Annual Texas Insurance and Tort Law Update 2014, April 10, 2014, Houston, Texas
- The Beginning of Winning: Strategies for Planning an Effective Voir Dire,Webinar sponsored by the American Bar Association, April 8, 2014
- E&O Update: Agents Rights and Duties, CPCU Society Conferment Luncheon, November 5, 2013, Houston, Texas
- Cerberus and Other Three-Handed Monsters: Analyzing and Defining the Duties in the Trust and Estate Arena, 2013 DRI Annual Meeting, Professional Liability CLE, Chicago, IL
- 2013 Construction Claims Handling: Coverage and Liability, in-house presentation for firm client in Chicago, Illinois 2013
- Civil Engineering Liability: Understanding the Litigation Process, HalfMoon Education Inc. presents: Legal Issues for Texas Civil Engineers, Houston, Texas, April 30, 2013
- Going for the Shutout: Strategies for Minimizing Damages from the Tort Reform Playbook, Texas Insurance and Tort Law Update, 2013
- Conflicts, Confidentiality and Malpractice: Ethics Seminar, Burleson, LLP in-house presentation in Houston, TX 2012
- From Lost Cause to Jackpot: Legal Malpractice Damages, OneBeacon Risk Management Seminar, Las Vegas, NV 2012
- Navigating Consent Policies in Professional Liability Cases, Texas Insurance and Tort Law Update 2012
- E&O: Avoiding the Scarlet Letters of Malpractice, Texas Insurance and Tort Law Update 2011, Thompson Coe Houston Seminar
- Appraiser Liability Avoidance, Houston Area Appraisal Institute, August 17, 2010
- Premises Liability: A Closer Look, Texas Insurance and Tort Law Update 2010, Thompson Coe Houston Seminar
- Who Can I Make Pay-Contribution, Indemnity & Proportionate Responsibility, Texas Insurance and Tort Law Update 2009, Thompson Coe Houston Seminar (2009)
- Course Director, April 2009, University of Houston Advanced Insurance and Tort Claims, Houston and Dallas, Presented paper Who Can I Make Pay: Contribution, Indemnity & Proportionate Responsibility
- Presented paper Texas Tort Law Update, 2008 Texas Insurance and Tort Law Update, November 2008, in-house presentation for firm client