Bill Mennucci is a seasoned trial appellate lawyer who litigates complex, high-exposure cases in difficult Texas and nationwide venues. He is regional trial counsel for one of the largest automobile manufacturers in the nation and routinely tries product liability cases involving death and serious personal injury. Bill has also served as trial appellate counsel in many commercial, negligence, premises liability, and toxic tort cases during his 25-plus year career. Through his advanced knowledge of procedure, evidence, and substantive law, he helps his clients succeed at trial, while simultaneously ensuring that the record is set up in the best possible posture in the event of an appeal.
Bill’s litigation experience and expertise is not limited to trial work. He has handled numerous cases from “cradle to grave,” i.e., from initial pleadings through the conclusion of appeal. Bill’s insight into how an entire case comes together in the crucible of a trial increases his effectiveness in handling all phases of litigation.
Trial Appellate: During the last 15 years, Bill has logged over 200 trial days serving as lead trial appellate counsel, in over 20 multi-week death and serious personal injury trials. A detailed list of these trials can be found under the tab above. The vast majority of those trials have resulted in wins. On those rare occasions when the trials have been lost, Bill has positioned the case for reversal on appeal.
Appellate: Bill has been lead appellate attorney on many appeals, including over 10 reported decisions. A detailed list of Bill’s appeals resulting in reported decisions can be found under the tab above.
Civil Litigation: Bill has been attorney-in-charge on hundreds of civil litigation matters in his career, in automotive products liability, commercial, negligence, premises liability, toxic tort, and environmental cases. Bill has taken over 500 depositions working up these cases for his clients. Bill has successfully disposed of many cases through motion practice, before trial.
- The University of Texas School of Law (J.D., 1993)
- Texas Law Review, Associate Editor
- Environmental Law Note Award
- Arizona State University (M.A., 1991)
- Geography, Energy concentration
- The University of Texas at Austin (B.A., 1988)
- Geography w/ a minor in Economics, high honors
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Texas, 1993
- United States District Court, Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court, Southern District of Texas
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- United States District Court, Western District of Texas
- United States Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit