Tiffany Au is a partner in the Dallas office of Thompson Coe. She specializes in first-party and third-party insurance defense litigation, representing insurance carriers, companies, and individuals throughout the state of Texas in areas of insurance coverage litigation, contractual and extra-contractual litigation, personal injury litigation, and premises liability litigation.
She earned admission to the Texas Bar in 2012 and has a diverse legal background including interning for the Honorable Done D. Bush in the Eastern District of Texas, working as a municipal prosecutor for the City of Irving, and defending traffic tickets as an associate attorney at a firm in Fort Worth. She is also a trained mediator with experience mediating disputes involving consumer debt, family law, and personal injury litigation.
Prior to joining Thompson Coe, she gained trial and litigation experience through representing insurers, companies, and individuals in disputes involving insurance coverage, personal injury torts involving catastrophic injury or death, and breach of contract claims resulting in favorable resolutions for her clients.
She has obtained summary judgments in favor of her clients, and she has tried cases to juries across North Texas resulting in favorable verdicts, including a state court case resulting in a defense verdict in 2016. She regularly advises clients in risk management, including liability assessments and corporate investigations in events of catastrophic loss.
Ms. Au also has extensive experience in litigating cases arising from major commercial transportation accidents involving allegations of Federal Motor Carriers Safety Regulation violations, workplace accidents involving OSHA or MSHA violations, and highway accidents involving multi-vehicle pile-ups.
- University of Texas at Austin (B.S., 2009)
- Public Relations with a minor in Business
- University Honors: Spring and Fall 2006, Fall 2007, and Spring 2008
- Texas Tech University School of Law (J.D., 2012)
- Texas Tech Law Review, Symposium Editor
- Texas, 2012
- United States District Court, Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Texas
Professional and Community Activities
- State Bar of Texas, Insurance Law Section, Member
- Dallas Bar Association, Member
- Dallas Asian American Bar Association, Member
- Super Lawyers – Rising Stars for 2019-2021