Shelby Hall joined Thompson Coe in 2016 and focuses her practice on appeals and mandamus proceedings in Texas state and federal courts. Shelby has a wide breadth of experience preparing appellate briefs, original proceedings, motions to dismiss, summary-judgment motions, jury charges, and post-judgement motions.
Shelby also represents numerous carriers in coverage-related litigation and advises insurers on coverage issues. A large portion of Shelby’s insurance coverage practice focuses on coverage advice and litigation with regard to commercial auto policies and state and federal minimum insurance requirements.
A 2016 magna cum laude graduate of Texas Tech University School of Law, Shelby was a national and state advocacy champion and a member of the Texas Tech Law Review. Prior to graduation, Shelby was awarded the State Bar of Texas Appellate Section’s Award for Excellence in Appellate Advocacy. Shelby claimed the championship and won “Best Brief” honors in the 2016 National Moot Court Competition, which pits the finest law school advocates in the country against one another. Shelby is also a member of the prestigious National Order of the Barristers and the National Order of Scribes.
Shelby is a firm believer that real success is born of work ethic, integrity, and experience. She will work hard to provide quality representation crafted to meet her clients’ individual needs.
- Obtained mandamus relief in a significant discovery dispute before the Fourteenth Court of Appeals involving the production of settlement agreements before trial
- Obtained mandamus relief in a significant discovery dispute before the Fifth Court of Appeals involving a challenge to the trial court’s jurisdiction over an ad valorem tax dispute
- Won appeal and obtained reversal of the trial court’s order denying client’s motion to compel arbitration
- Won appeal and obtained affirmation of the trial court’s order granting client’s special appearance
- Texas Tech University School of Law (J.D., 2016)
- magna cum laude
- Texas Tech Law Review, Comment Editor
- Texas Tech Board of Barristers, Director of Written Advocacy
- National Order of Scribes
- National Order of Barristers
- Recipient of the State bar of Texas Appellate Section’s Award for Excellence in Appellate Advocacy
- Abilene Christian University (B.A. Political Science, 2013)
- magna cum laude
- Member of the Honors College
- Scholarship Athlete for the Abilene Christian Softball Team
- Texas, 2016
- Northern, Southern, Eastern, and Western Districts of Texas
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
Professional and Community Activities
- Dallas Bar Association, Member of the Appellate Section
- State Bar of Texas Appellate Section
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- Dallas Women Lawyer Association
- Attorneys Serving the Community