Mike Kirkland is a trial attorney in the firm’s civil litigation section. Mike focuses primarily on defending business and individuals in personal injury lawsuits involving allegations of premises liability, dram shop, general negligence, and other tort-related claims.
Mike's construction defect practice has included the defense of various types of contractors against claims of defective installation. His representation of these clients includes all types of complex projects: commercial, assisted living facilities, schools, and personal residences.
Mike has served his country for over twenty years in the military including being mobilized for Operation Noble Eagle and Operation Enduring Freedom, activated for Hurricane Katrina and Hurricane Harvey response efforts and served two deployments to Afghanistan.
Mike continues to serve his state and country as a Major in the Texas Air National Guard.
- Obtained summary judgment for a property manager in a libel and slander case brought by a former tenant.
- Negotiated favorable settlements in cases involving personal injury.
- Tried 12 jury and five bench trials.
- Texas Tech University School of Law (J.D., 2008)
- University of Texas at El Paso (B.A., 2004)
- Texas, 2008
- United States Court of Appeals, Armed Forces
- U.S. Court of Criminal Appeals, Air Force
- United States District Court, Western District of Texas