Marne Jones’s practice focuses on civil defense litigation and insurance coverage matters. She has significant experience handling a variety of litigation, including marine liabilities, environmental claims, construction defect, personal injury, bad faith, products liability, mass tort and, first and third party losses in the commercial/residential property context. Marne also has substantial experience in commercial matters including subrogation claims, breach of contract, fraud, and indemnity disputes. Marne also represents insurers in administrative proceedings.
Marne prides herself in reaching resolutions that are both strategic and cost effective. She believes that creativity, consistent communication, and aggressive, but efficient strategies achieve the best results for her clients.
- Represented insurers in disputes involving complex indemnity issues and application of anti-indemnity statues.
- Represented clients in mass tort cases involving alleged exposure to toxic chemicals
- Represented offshore oil and gas platform operators in complex defense of wrongful death and personal injury claims
- Represented public entity in multi-plaintiff suit involving significant bodily injury claims
- Represented railroad in complex mass joinder litigation involving alleged exposure to toxic chemicals
- Represented hospital in cases involving personal injury and premises liability claims
- Represented primary, excess, and umbrella liability carriers in complex maritime and environmental litigation involving remediation cost disputes, multi-year environmental trigger disputes and policy period trigger disputes
- Represented insurers in commercial and residential property coverage disputes involving property damage and business interruption claims
- Represented insurers in significant bad faith claims
- Tulane University School of Law (J.D., 2007)
- magna cum laude
- University of Missouri-Columbia (B.A., 2004)
- Political Science and Psychology
- Louisiana, 2009
- Arizona, 2007
Professional and Community Activities
- New Orleans Bar Association, Member
- Women's International Shipping and Trade Association, Member
- New Orleans Mariner's Club, Member
Speeches and Presentations
- Gulf Coast Claims Overview – October 2018, Thompson Coe Webinar
- Super Lawyers Rising Star – Insurance Coverage (2014-2016)