Eighth Annual Thompson Coe Labor and Employment Seminar
Thompson, Coe, Cousins & Irons, LLP will be holding its 8th Annual Labor and Employment Seminar March 6th at Arlington Hall at Lee Park. This is a free seminar with a guest speaker, catered lunch and networking reception to follow. This course is pending approval for 6 hours of credit from State Bar of Texas, Texas Department of Insurance and HRCI.
Upon completion of this course attendees—attorneys, adjustors, and human resources and management personnel—will be familiar with significant recent federal and Texas judicial and legislative developments in the area of labor and employment law and related liability insurance implications. Specifically, the course will provide the following critical employment law updates:
- Recent federal, NLRB, and Texas court employment and labor decisions;
- Recent federal and Texas legislative updates impacting employers and employees;
- How exposure for employment claims can be significantly reduced by adopting appropriate, up to date employee handbook policies and procedures;
- Understanding the potential for employee claims arising under laws other than the “normal” discrimination statutes (e.g., TITLE VII, the ADEA, FMLA, FLSA, etc.), such unfair labor practice charges under the NATIONAL LABOR RELATIONS ACT and claims under the new TEXAS TRADE SECRETS ACT;
- Potential employer liability for cyber-security breaches of employee data and personnel information;
- The impact on employers of the confusing, complex provisions of Obamacare;
- Unique, unusual sources of claims, such as law requiring employers/businesses to accommodate the needs of employees and customers with comfort and service animals.
Click here or call 214-880-2538 to RSVP.
This event is intended for clients and friends of the firm.