Jennifer Aufricht is a seasoned, first-chair trial lawyer whose practice includes a wide range of personal injury cases including industrial and oil field accidents, transportation, product liability and sexual tort cases.
Jennifer has successfully tried many cases defending wrongful death and serious personal injury claims. She has resolved by summary judgments or settlement hundreds of cases representing manufacturers, trucking companies, oil field service companies, construction companies, apartment complexes, and churches.
Jennifer prides herself on an "old school" approach focused on the best interest of the client, which includes early case evaluation and resolution so litigation costs are minimized or avoided when possible. If trial is required, Aufricht does not hesitate to put her years of trial experience to work. As a trial expert, Aufricht is often retained to step in and try cases she did not develop - such as the bad faith case put to trial after the prior defense counsel unfortunately and suddenly passed away. Approximately forty-five days later, Aufricht's client received a defense verdict. Aufricht does not hesitate to "defend to the limit" innocent parties wrongfully accused.
Examples of success for wrongfully accused parties:
- After over two weeks of trial, Jennifer Aufricht, with co-counsel Eddie Morales of Langley & Banack and Darrell Barger of Hartline, Dacus, received a defense verdict in a $200 million wrongful death lawsuit against highway construction client Anderson Columbia Co., Inc.
- Obtained a defense verdict on behalf of our client in a hotly contested and complex products liability, wrongful death and personal injury action in the Eastern District of Texas.
- Obtained defense verdict in wrongful death case in Galveston County representing the general contractor where a subcontractor employee fell through a sky light on a roof sustaining fatal injuries.
- Obtained numerous summary judgments for religious organizations in sexual molestation cases.
- Settled highly publicized multi-million dollar food contamination case during trial for regional food distribution company.
- Won a defense verdict for Fortune 500 Company in multi-million dollar death and bystander claim resulting from pipeline construction accident.
- Took over case after adverse verdict against insurance carrier and obtained defense verdict in new trial in multi-million dollar worker’s compensation bad faith suit.
- Obtained defense verdict, placing 100% responsibility for infant’s death on mother, in federal court products liability case against baby crib manufacturer.
- Obtained defense verdict, putting fault on Plaintiff, for auto component supplier in an automobile rollover-related traumatic brain injury case.
- Texas Tech University School of Law (J.D., 1985)
- Texas Tech University (B.A., 1982)
- Advanced Mock Trial and Advanced Moot Court Winner, Best Oralist
- Texas, 1985
- Supreme Court of Texas
- United States District Court, Northern, Western and Eastern Districts of Texas, 1993
- United States Court of Appeals, 2006
Professional and Community Activities
- American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA), Associate member since 2009
- University of Texas-The Center for Women in Law Leadership Boot Camp, Faculty member, 2011, 2012, 2013
Speeches and Presentations
- "Texas Pests: Rattlers, Brahmas, Rapists 'n' Remingtons... Reining in Plaintiffs with Good Texas Law," Thompson Coe's 12th Seminar of Texas Insurance Law Developments, October 2013
- "Defending the Right to a Live Witness in the Video Age" DRI newsletter Trials and Tribulation, Vol.16, Issue 2
- "Defending the Right to a Live Witness in the Video Age" DRI newsletter The Voice, Vol. 9, Issue 49
- "Social Networking Your New BFF" UDLA Annual Meeting scheduled for September 22, 2011, Salt Lake City, Utah
- "Social Networking Your New BFF" DRI Damages Seminar, March 23-25, 2010, Las Vegas, NV
- "Social Networking Your New BFF" for Thompson Coe's 9th Seminar on Texas Insurance Law Developments, May 6, 2010
- Texas Super Lawyers® - Super Lawyer for Personal Injury Defense – 2019