Jackie Chandler’s experience includes analyzing and preparing jury charges, post-verdict motions, appeals and petitions for mandamus review in the Texas state and federal courts. She has argued before numerous courts of appeals in Texas. She has also served as a briefing attorney for the Honorable John Anderson in the 14th Court of Appeals in the Houston, Texas.
- Obtained a new trial in personal injury case where jury awarded $3 million verdict in Dallas County.
- Obtained a reversal on appeal of JNOV granted by trial court based on Plaintiff’s presentation of uncontroverted 18.001 affidavits. See Bullard v. Lynde, Cause No. 05-07-00890-CV (Tex. App.—Dallas 2009, no pet. h.).
- Filed mandamus on behalf of Fortune 500 insurance company in case involving UM/UIM claim and severance and abatement of bad faith causes of action. See In Re Allstate Ins. Co., 232 SW.3d 340 (Tex. App.—Tyler 2007, orig. proceeding).
- Obtained reversal on appeal of case against Fortune 500 insurance company involving claim under the common fund doctrine. See Allstate Ins. Co. v. Edminster, 224 S.W.3d 456 (Tex, App.—Dallas 2007, no pet.).
- Represented insurance carrier on appeal in case involving coverage under the CGL policy. See American Nat. Fire Ins. Co. v. Hammer Trucking, Inc., 2006 WL 3247906 (Tex. App.—Fort Worth 2006, pet. denied).
- Defended insurance carrier on appeal in class action case involving the recovery of diminished value under the Comprehensive/Collision Coverage of a Texas personal auto policy. See Carlton v. Trinity Universal Ins. Co., 32 S.W.3d 454 (Tex. App.—Houston [14th Dist.] 2000, pet. denied).
- Defended carrier on appeal before the U.S. 5th Circuit Court of Appeals in case involving notice under a claims made policy.
- Defended Fortune 500 Insurance Company on appeal before the U.S. 5th Circuit Court of Appeals in case involving bad faith claims under a homeowners policy.