Christy’s practice focuses on complex, multi-party insurance coverage litigation, including bad faith litigation, and direct action coverage litigation in Louisiana, involving general liability, environmental pollution, commercial property coverage, construction defects, product defects, professional liability, errors and omissions coverage, and supplemental accident only coverage. Christy is licensed in Texas and Louisiana.
- Obtained dismissal of Chinese Drywall product defect suit in Louisiana based upon Peremptory Exception of Peremption.
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of insurer on multiple environmental property claims and bodily injury claims in the Western District of Louisiana.
- Guiding coverage and bad faith disputes through each phase of resolution, including pre-litigation coverage analysis, strategic discovery, motion practice, alternative dispute resolution, and trial strategy.
- Obtained favorable opinion, in construction defect case, by the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeal of Louisiana reversing trial court’s judgment granting motion for new trial and reinstating an order of dismissal on the grounds of abandonment. Cambrie Celeste, LLC v. F.I.N.S. Construction, LLC, et al., 2018 WL 4623355, --- So.3d ---, 2018-0459 (La. App. 4 Cir. 9/26/18), writ denied, 2019 WL 277703 (Mem), ---So.3d ---, 2018-1863 (La. 1/14/19).
- Obtained partial summary judgment, in the United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas, dismissing claim against insurer for pre-tender defense costs, and third-party’s claim for breach of the insurance policy because the third-party lacked standing.
- South Texas College of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2011)
- Phi Delta Phi Honors Society
- Dean's Honor List
- Landgell Scholar
- Recipient of the Dickerson-Moore Humanitarian
- The University of Texas at Austin (B.A., 2007)
- Government and History
- Louisiana, 2015
- Texas, 2011
- United States District Court, Northern, Southern, Western and Eastern Districts of Texas
- Eastern and Western Districts of Louisiana
- Middle District of Louisiana
Professional and Community Activities
- Claims & Litigation Management Alliance (“CLM”) – Greater Houston Chapter
- Allstate Staff Counsel for Street Law Program
- Garland R. Walker American Inn of Court – Member
- American Bar Association – Section of Litigation, Insurance Coverage Litigation
- State Bar of Texas – Insurance Law Section and Animal Law Section
- Texas Exes Life Member
- Houston Bar Association - Animal Law Section
Speeches and Presentations
- "Avoiding Bad Faith Claims on the Gulf Coast," Thompson Coe Webinar, August 18, 2020
- "Handling COVID-19 Claims and Bad Faith Traps to Avoid," Thompson Coe Webinar, June 15, 2020
- The Other "Traffic" Problem: Coverage for Sex and Labor Liability, Advanced Insurance Law Update, Texas Bar CLE, June 5, 2020
- "COVID-19 Coverage Litigation: Coverage and Claim Investigation in the Gulf Coast and Southwest," Thompson Coe Webinar, June 1, 2020
- "Reserving Rights: Best Practices, and an Update on the Use of Extrinsic Evidence,” Thompson Coe Webinar, November 19, 2019
- "Perfecting the Settlement: Tips and Tactics,” Thompson Coe Webinar, September 17, 2019
- Reserving Right and Denying Coverage, 2017 Insurance & Tort Law Update (October 2017)
- Animal Liability Claims, 2016 PLRB Claims Conference & Insurance Services Expo
- After the Storm – Property Coverage and Business Interruption Update, 8th Annual Texas Insurance and Tort Law Update 2015
- A Roadmap for Young Coverage Litigators, ABA WIN Conference 2018
- ABA Coverage Journal – Recent Opinions on the Burden to Allocate Settlement Funds (to be published in winter issue)
- War & Terrorism: Relevant Exclusions, ABA 2019 Insurance Coverage Litigation Committee Seminar
- A Comparison of the Restatement of the Law of Liability Insurance and Texas Law, 2019 Advanced Insurance Law Seminar, State Bar of Texas
- Texas Super Lawyers - 2019 and 2020 Rising Star
- Louisiana Super Lawyers - 2020 Rising Star
- Climate Change Litigation and Liability Insurance Claims, American College of Coverage Counsel, 2019
- The Burden To Allocate Settlements Funds, Coverage Fall 2018, Vol. 28 No. 4