Brett Gardner represents insurance carriers in litigation involving both commercial and personal lines policies. Additionally, Brett represents insurers across the country in matters involving complex insurance coverage disputes and bad faith claims, including claims arising out of Hurricane Harvey. Brett litigates in both state and federal court and has handled numerous appellate matters in Texas appellate courts, as well as the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit.
In addition to representing insurers directly, Brett also has extensive experience representing policyholders in third-party litigation, with an emphasis on construction defect, premises liability, and governmental liability matters. He has obtained first-chair trial verdicts and dozens of dispositive motion victories for his governmental entity and employee clients.
- Obtained dismissal of bad faith claims in a coverage dispute pending in the Southern District of Texas.
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of insurer in multimillion-dollar coverage claim.
- Worked with insurance carrier client to perform substantive revisions of liability policies.
- Obtained summary judgment in Western District of Texas following evidentiary hearing addressing Plaintiff's failure to exhaust administrative remedies.
- Defended client through favorable jury verdict in federal trial in Eastern District of Texas.
- Received affirmed judgment favorable to clients after oral argument at the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit.
- Texas Tech University School of Law (J.D., 2011)
- Dean's List
- Texas Tech Law Review, Articles Editor
- Texas Tech University (B.A., summa cum laude)
- Texas, 2011
- United States District Court, Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court, Southern District of Texas
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- United States District Court, Western District of Texas
- United States Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
Professional and Community Activities
- State Bar of Texas, Insurance and Government Section
- Dallas Bar Association