Reported Professional Liability Cases
- Won affirmance of order dismissing plaintiff’s constitutional claims against client. Hartman v. Walker, 685 Fed. App’x 366 (5th Cir. 2017).
- Obtained affirmance of death-penalty sanctions in favor of client based on plaintiff’s evidentiary fraud. Pressil v. Gibson, ___ S.W.3d ___ (Houston [1st Dist.] Aug. 28, 2018, no pet.). 14-17-00517-CV
- Obtained reversal of order denying motions to dismiss under Chapter 150 of the Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code requiring certificates of merit in engineering-negligence lawsuit. Barron, Stark & Swift Consulting Engineers, LP v. First Baptist Church, 551 S.W.3d 320 (Tex. App.—Beaumont 2018, no pet.). 09-17-00470-CV
- Obtained reversal of order denying motion to dismiss based on the insufficiency of a certificate of merit under Chapter 150 of the Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code. Eng’g & Terminal Servs., L.P. v. TARSCO, Inc., 525 S.W.3d 394 (Tex. App.—Houston [14th Dist.] 2017, pet. denied). 14-16-00424-CV
- Obtained mandamus relief and order requiring trial court to lift abatement in professional-negligence lawsuit. In re Shulman, 544 S.W.3d 861 (Tex. App.—Houston [14th Dist.] 2017, orig. proceeding). 14-17-00508-CV
- Obtained reversal and rendition of judgment dismissing medical malpractice claims under Chapter 74 of the Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code. Senior Care Centers, LLC v. Shelton, 459 S.W.3d 753 (Tex. App.—Dallas 2015, no pet.). 05-14-00586-CV
- Obtained reversal of trial court’s denial of the defendant’s motion to dismiss the plaintiff’s fraud claims based on an inadequate expert affidavit. Packard Eng'g Assoc. v. Sally Grp., L.L.C., 398 S.W.3d 389 (Tex. App.—Beaumont 2013, no pet.). 09-12-00325-CV
- Secured reversal of trial court’s denial of plea to the jurisdiction and order dismissing medical malpractice claims against state university medical branch based on governmental immunity. Univ. of Tex. Med. Branch at Galveston v. Tatum, 389 S.W.3d 457 (Tex. App.—Houston [1st Dist.] 2012, no pet.). 01-11-01105-CV
- Won reversal and rendition of judgment on jury verdict for attorney and law firm in legal malpractice case. Pierre v. Steinbach, 378 S.W.3d 259 (Tex. App.—Dallas 2012, no pet.).
- Successfully defended summary judgment on plaintiff’s RICO claims made against defendant law firm. First State Bank of Mesquite v. Bellinger & Dewolf, LLP, 342 S.W.3d 142 (Tex. App.—El Paso 2011, no pet.). 08-09-0032-CV
- Secured order granting real estate agent’s motion to compel arbitration. Garcia v. Huerta, 340 S.W.3d 864 (Tex. App.— San Antonio 2011, pet. denied). 04-10-00688-CV
- Successfully defended trial court’s order granting summary judgment and sanctions against a father that sued amicus attorney appointed to protect child's interests. Zeifman v. Nowlin, 322 S.W.3d 804 (Tex. App.—Austin 2010, no pet.). 03-08-00657-CV
- Successfully defended the trial court’s summary judgment for attorney in legal malpractice lawsuit based on lack of evidence of proximate cause Kemp v. Jensen, 329 S.W.3d 866 (Tex. App.—Eastland 2010, pet. denied). 11-09-00052-CV
- Secured reversal of trial court order denying law firm’s special appearance based on lack of personal jurisdiction Gordon & Doner, P.A. v. Joros, 287 S.W.3d 325 (Tex. App.—Fort Worth 2009, no pet.). 02-08-00120-CV
- Obtained mandamus relief from trial court’s order denying real estate agent’s motion to compel arbitration. In re Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., 300 S.W.3d 818 (Tex. App.—San Antonio 2009, orig. proceeding). 04-09-00216-CV
- Won reversal of a judgment notwithstanding the verdict in a law firm’s action to collect unpaid fees and obtained judgment on the jury’s verdict that awarded $298,630 in damages. McGuire, Craddock, Strother & Hale, P.C. v. Transcontinental Realty Investors, Inc., 251 S.W.3d 890 (Tex. App.—Dallas 2008, pet. denied).