Thompson Coe Welcomes New Partner to Saint Paul Office
Thompson Coe is pleased to announce the addition of Partner Christopher Goodman to the firm's Saint Paul office. Chris is an experienced litigator with first-chair trial experience and a proven track record of success. In fact, since joining the firm a few weeks ago, Chris has already tried two cases. In his nineteen years of practice, Chris has represented clients in the areas of insurance coverage, products liability, personal injury, construction defect and commercial litigation. Chris is admitted to practice in the state courts of Minnesota, Wisconsin, North Dakota, and California.
"Chris is a talented attorney with a broad experience base and exceptional litigation skills. His addition to our Saint Paul office diversifies and enhances our capacity to provide superior services to our clients in the Midwest," said Shawn Phelan, a member of Thompson Coe's Management Committee.
Chris has successfully litigated a wide variety of claims, including:
- Secured a judgment of over $1.8 million in a coverage dispute between excess insurers arising out of a construction defect claim. The judgment included 100% of the client's attorney's fees. The case settled shortly after the defendant's motion to stay enforcement of the judgment was denied.
- Lead counsel in trials conducted in Minnesota and Wisconsin.
- Summary judgment dismissing all claims against insurer arising out of broken pipe and resulting water damage in insured's home.
- Summary judgment in breach of contract action arising out of delivery of wind turbine equipment Plaintiff's claim was dismissed and the client was awarded over $125,000.
- Summary judgment dismissing claim by product manufacturer in multimillion dollar product defect claim involving a quadriplegic who fell from a ladder.
- Summary judgment in numerous product liability claims arising out of the manufacture and/or sale of asbestos-containing products.
- Summary judgment dismissing all claims brought by purchaser under Interstate Land Sales Act as well as state statutory and common law.
We are proud to welcome Chris to the Thompson Coe family. Please do not hesitate to reach out to our new colleague to discuss your needs in the Midwest region and California.