Urvi is a trial lawyer. Her practice areas include casualty defense, premises liability, products liability, commercial automobile accidents, and wrongful death. She guides her clients through the legal process with a hands-on approach. Urvi is also a Certified Mediator.
Prior to joining Thompson Coe, Urvi worked as a Prosecutor with the Harris County District Attorney’s Office, bringing justice to victims and their families. With numerous trials under her belt, Urvi is at home in a court room.
Urvi received her Juris Doctorate, cum laude, from South Texas College of Law, Houston. While in law school, she participated in the school’s nationally recognized advocacy program as a varsity advocate, competing in several national mock trial competitions across the country. She also participated internationally for the school’s alternate dispute resolution team. Urvi received several awards and accomplishments while in law school, including: National Champion, St. John’s Securities Dispute Resolution Triathlon (2016); Champion, T. Gerald Treece Intramural Mock Trial Competition (2016), Southern Regional Champion, American Association of Justice Trial Advocacy Competition (2016); and Southern Regional Champion, ABA Labor and Employment Mock Trial Competition (2015). Urvi served on the Editorial Board of the South Texas Law Review and served as a tutor of Constitutional Law as a Langdell Scholar.
Prior to moving to Houston, Urvi worked with a boutique litigation firm in Mumbai, India. Her practice included intellectual property, cyber law, and real estate law. She has litigated arbitration cases involving complex real estate transactions before Retired Supreme Court Justices of India. Urvi has also worked with several leading Bollywood film and television production houses in their copyright and trademark disputes.
- South Texas College of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2017)
- South Texas Law Review
- Langdell Scholar
- Student Bar Association
- K.C. College of Law, Mumbai, India (LL.B., 2013)
- Magna Cum Laude
- Varsity Advocate
- Jai Hind College, Mumbai, India (B.M.M., 2010)
- Magna Cum Laude
- United States District Court, Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court, Southern District of Texas
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- United States District Court, Western District of Texas
Professional and Community Activities
- Co-Chair of the Diversity and Inclusion Committee, Houston Young Lawyers Association
- Texas Young Lawyers Association
- Houston Volunteer Lawyers
- Barrister, Garland R. Walker American Inns of Court
- Asian American Bar Association, Houston
- South Asian Bar Association, Houston
- Advocacy Coach, South Texas College of Law Houston