Stephen Huschka is an associate in the Dallas office of Thompson Coe where he devotes his practice to professional liability defense and commercial litigation. Stephen represents companies, officers, directors, lawyers, broker-dealers, and other professionals in disputes throughout Texas. He has represented clients in numerous complex commercial matters involving breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, misappropriation of trade secrets, fraud, and corporate equity disputes. Stephen also has experience representing individuals and companies under investigation by governmental agencies.
Before joining Thompson Coe, Stephen represented clients in commercial litigation and intellectual property disputes. Stephen also served as a Briefing Attorney to the Honorable Justice Mike Willson of the Eleventh Court of Appeals of Texas and as an extern to the Honorable Jane Boyle of the Federal District Court for the Northern District of Texas.
- Successfully defended two separate Rule 202 petitions filed by a company seeking to conduct a pre-suit deposition of its former President in connection with an anticipated breach of fiduciary duty and theft of trade secrets lawsuit.
- Successfully represented an automotive products developer in a large-scale interstate trademark enforcement action.
- Advised a North Carolina company regarding its options to enforce its intellectual property rights against a company located in Austin, Texas.
- Drafted several post-verdict briefs that resulted in a federal judge awarding damages totaling more than twice the amount found by an advisory jury.
- Obtained a favorable resolution of retaliation-based claims that a purported whistleblower brought against its former employer.
- Texas A&M University School of Law (J.D., 2015)
- Texas Law A&M Law Review, Managing Editor
- University of Texas at Austin (B.A., 2012)
- Texas, 2015
- United States District Court, Northern, Southern and Eastern Districts of Texas
Professional and Community Activities
- Texas Super Lawyers - 2019 Texas Rising Star