Shelby’s practice is devoted to insurance coverage litigation and defense, appellate law, and general litigation. Regarding her insurance practice, Shelby counsels primary, umbrella, and excess insurers in first and third-party coverage litigation and advises insurers on coverage issues under commercial liability, commercial property, errors and omissions, auto, and homeowners’ policies. Shelby also has experience successfully defending carriers against extra-contractual and statutory bad faith claims involving residential and commercial insurance. Moreover, Shelby’s appellate experience assists her insurer-clients throughout the claims process, during the transition from the investigation stage to actual litigation, and at the appellate review level.
Regarding her appellate practice, Shelby has significant experience preparing appellate briefs, mandamus filings, motions to dismiss, summary-judgment motions, expert motions, jury charges, and post-judgment motions in both Texas state and federal courts. She is often brought in to research complex issues, and her superior writing and analytical abilities make her a valuable asset during trial and on appeal.
Shelby also handles general litigation matters in professional liability, premises liability, and other types of lawsuits. This includes preparing pleadings, engaging in discovery, and conferring with clients.
Shelby is also a Certified Mediator.
- Baylor University School of Law (J.D., 2017)
- Certification in Real Estate and Natural Resources
- Joseph Milton Nance Full Tuition Scholarship Recipient
- Texas A&M University (B.A., 2014)
- A.A. White Dispute Resolution Center, University of Houston Law Center (2013)
- Certified Mediator
- Texas, 2017
- United States District Court, Southern District of Texas, 2018
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Texas, 2019
Professional and Community Activities
- Houston Young Lawyers Association, 2017
- State Bar of Texas Insurance Law Section, 2017
- Houston Masterworks Chorus, 2019