Sean Crowley’s practice focuses on defending personal injury claims including, catastrophic injury (traumatic brain injury, paralysis) and wrongful death claims, including: trucking accidents, product liability, premises liability, construction site injuries, construction defects, automobile accidents, and professional liability claims. Sean is an experienced trial lawyer taking an efficient approach to litigating cases.
Sean has represented numerous businesses and individuals in wrongful death and catastrophic injury claims, including premises owners, product designers and manufacturers, general contractors and subcontractors, trucking companies, and hotels. Sean has defended cases involving road construction, electrical system installation, HVAC and plumbing work, and construction defect claims. Other cases include defending businesses from subrogation or contribution claims in property damage situations and claims against non-subscription employers.
Sean’s professional liability practice is focused on representing lawyers in malpractice or breach of fiduciary duty claims. Sean has defended lawyers in several areas of practice including: bankruptcy, family, foreclosure and real estate law.
Sean is also licensed in New Mexico where he has defended several catastrophic injury claims.
- Wrongful Death on behalf of local business
- Traumatic Brain Injury on behalf of Fortune 500 Company
- Premises Liability on behalf of Fortune 500 Company
- Defense verdict in Auto Collision Case
- Pricate school injury case involving claims of supervision and training
- Non-subscriber arbitration award for degense in employee injury case
- Commercial motor vehicle cases involver other auto and pedestrians
- Breach of Fidcuiary Duty
- Legal Malpractice
- Catastrophic Injury Cases – including traumatic brain injury, amputation, burn and paralysis cases
- Construction site/Workplace Injuries
- Product Liability
- Premises Liability
- Texas Non-Subscriber cases
- Property damage/Subrogation Defense
- Obtained no negligence finding in trial where Defendant admitted to causing the subject collision and obtained verdict on issue that the collision did not cause the claimed injuries.
- Obtained defense verdict (favorable verdict) defending a private school against injury claims involving allegations of race and gender discrimination and bullying.
- Obtained defense verdict in non-subscription case involving claims of failure to provide safe equipment
- Obtained defense verdict (favorable verdict) involving claimed catastrophic and permanent injuries from high speed, rear end collision
- Obtained complete defense award in a slip and fall arbitration for a non-subscribing employer
- Obtained defense verdict (favorable verdict) in wrongful death case involving a pedestrian
- Obtained defense verdict (favorable verdict) in a personal injury case where the Plaintiff claimed traumatic brain injury due to being struck by a closing elevator door
- Obtained judgment notwithstanding the verdict in legal malpractice case after trying the case to verdict
- Obtained summary judgment for national retail company in premises liability case.
- Obtained summary judgment for national company in traumatic brain injury case.
- Obtained summary judgment for landowner in case alleging a defect in the state highway right-of-way.
- Obtained summary judgment in a domesticated animal bite case.
- Obtained summary judgment for landlord under Chapter 93 of the Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code
- Obtained summary judgment in premises liability case for roofing contractor alleged to have created a leak leading to the plainitff’s fall in a retail store
- Obtained summary judgment in premises liability case for contractor at a semiconductor facility alleged to have conducted faulty maintenance leading to a developer leak.
- Obtained summary judgment for local hotel where hotel guest alleged sexual assault against hotel employees
- Obtained summary judgment in products liability action where the plaintiff claimed a product defect led to his motorcycle accident
- Nonsuit filed by plaintiff after moving for summary judgment in case involving an apartment fire where plaintiff alleged the property owner created conditions for fire to start and spread
- Nonsuit filed by Plaintiff after summary judgment filed for local car dealership alleged to have entrusted a vehicle to a person who later was intoxicated and involved in accident
- Texas Tech University School of Law (J.D., 2008)
- St. Edward's University (B.A., 2001)
- Texas, 2008
- New Mexico, 2009
- United States District Court, Northern, Southern, Western and Eastern Districts of Texas
- United States Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
Professional and Community Activities
- Texas Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Central Texas Head for the Cure
- Austin Bar Association - Litigation Section
- State Bar of Texas - Litigation Section
- American Bar Association
- New Mexico Bar Association
Speeches and Presentations
- "Texas Dram Shop Liability: From Last Call to Verdict,” Thompson Coe Webinar, October 15, 2019
- "Premises Liability - The Concept of Duty and Obvious Conditions Since Austin v. Kroger,” Thompson Coe Monthly Webinar Series, July 16, 2019
- Law & Politics magazine's Texas Super Lawyers® - Rising Stars list 2016, 2017, 2018