Sandy Huynh practices with the firm’s professional liability and products liability sections and is licensed to practice law in both Texas and California. She helps professionals in need by putting her client’s interest first. Sandy crafts innovated and efficient ways to help solve complex litigation problems. She is responsible for managing cases in all stages of litigation in state and federal courts. Sandy handles professional liability and casualty litigation matters on behalf of major insurers, including the defense of real estate, legal, and insurance professionals and commercial automobile, premises liability, products liability, and construction defect claims.
Sandy was recently appointed to be Co-Chair for the Audio Content Committee with the American Bar Association, Section of Litigation. She continues to serve as an editor for the ABA Minority Trial Lawyers. Sandy is very passionate with diversity and inclusion, which is a main focus for her with her professional obligations.
Outside from her busy law practice and professional obligations, Sandy is an avid yogi focusing her practice in forrest and rocket yoga. She also enjoys traveling and eating around the world with her husband.
- South Texas College of Law (J.D., 2009)
- Pro Bono Honors Certification
- University of Houston (M.A., 2006)
- Psi Chi - National Honors Society in Psychology
- Baylor University (B.A., 2004)
- Baylor Interdisciplinary Core ("BIC") - Honors College
- Texas, 2010
- California, 2018
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas, 2011
- United States District Court for the Western, Eastern and Northern Districts of Texas, 2017
Professional and Community Activities
- American Bar Association
- Audio Content, Co-Chair, Section of Litigation (Present)
- Sound Advice Leader, Section of Litigation (2018-2019)
- Editor, Section of Litigation, Minority Trial Lawyer (2018-Present)
- Asian American Bar Association
- Corporate Counsel Committee Chair (2016)
- VP of Development, Asian American Bar Association - Houston (2015)
- Gala and Silent Auction Committee Chair (2015)
- Social Committee Chair (2014)
- Mentorship and Law School Relations Committee Chair (2011)
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association
- Ambassador for Women's Leadership Network (2018)
- Houston Bar Association
- Gender and Fairness Committee (2017-2018)
Speeches and Presentations
- Panelist, “To Be or Not to AirBNB: How Renters and Homeowners are Affected by the Innovative VRBOs.” – October 18, 2018, hosted by: ABA Section of Litigation: Real Estate, Condemnation and Trust Committee, Consumer Litigation, Minority Trial Lawyers, and Young Advocates Committees.
- Chinese (Cantonese)