Roy Mathews is a trial attorney in the firm’s Insurance Litigation and Coverage practice, where he represents insurance carriers in all aspects of contractual and extra-contractual litigation. Roy’s litigation practice also includes representation of businesses and individuals in a wide variety of legal disputes and transactions.
Roy concentrates in litigation, and is experienced in all civil and commercial litigation in state and federal courts. Roy has represented clients in a broad range of corporate/business disputes, as well as in litigation involving claims for breach of contract, bad faith, fraud, violation of extra-contractual duties, and third-party claims.
In addition to his litigation practice, Roy has also represented a wide range of clients in intellectual property related matters related to the enforcement and prosecution of trademark and in labor and employment matters related to physician contract negotiation, non-compete defense, and preparation of employment contracts and company manuals.
- University of Oklahoma College of Law (J.D., 2011)
- Deans Honor Roll
- Order of the Solicitor recipient
- Journal of Law and Technology Law Review
- University of Oklahoma (B.A., 2007)
- United States District Court, Northern, Southern, Western and Eastern District of Texas
Professional and Community Activities
- Texas Super Lawyers - 2019 Texas Rising Star