Michael Hirota's practice is focused on professional liability and employment defense, defending professional, corporate, and individual clients from errors and omissions claims, labor and employment claims, wage and hour claims, and other litigation matters in both state and federal court. Michael has represented and counseled clients throughout all stages of litigation, from pre-filing through trial. He also has extensive experience defending clients in a variety of non-traditional forums, litigating before the Department of Fair Employment and Housing, the Workers' Compensation Appeals Board, and the California State Bar Court.
- Assisted property management company in the settlement and resolution of various employment and labor law claims.
- Advised employer clients how to handle various personnel issues so as to mitigate risk and avoid lawsuits.
- Obtained a demurrer without leave to amend on behalf of a broker defendant accused of fraudulently concealing material facts in connection with the sale of residential property.
- Successfully negotiated the resolution of disability discrimination and retaliation claims against a corporate client pre-litigation, saving thousands of dollars in litigation costs.
- Won a full dismissal of all disciplinary charges at trial against attorney clients accused of taking an illegal fee from a distressed homeowner client.
- University of California at Los Angeles, School of Law (J.D., 2011)
- University of California at San Diego (B.A. Political Science, 2008)
- California, 2011