For almost two decades, Mariah Quiroz has devoted her practice to representing insurers in complex coverage matters and insurance litigation. With her in-depth knowledge of insurance law and the insurance industry, Mariah successfully advocates for her clients in coverage disputes and is sought after to advise insurers with respect to a variety of coverage issues.
Mariah is one of the few Texas attorneys with a focus on cyber insurance and coverage issues arising from cyber security and data privacy risks, and is pursuing U.S. Private-Sector Privacy Certification as a Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/US).
Mariah also has vast experience representing international and domestic insurers in a variety of high-stakes commercial claims inside and outside the courtroom, including claims involving technology services or products, data breaches, oil and gas industry claims, catastrophic bodily injury claims, property claims, pollution and environmental losses, residential and commercial construction defect, work-place accidents, claims involving professional negligence and personal and advertising injury; and additional insured tenders and contractual indemnity issues.
Mariah also regularly advises and represents insurers in bad faith litigation across Texas and other states. Mariah is a frequent public speaker on industry topics including cyber insurance, privacy risks, Stowers liability, bad faith, and insurance claims handling.
Originally from Midland, Texas, Mariah lives in the Dallas area with her husband and four children. Mariah is fluent in Spanish.
- Carter v. Westport Ins. Corp.,997 F. Supp. 2d 590 (S.D. Tex. 2013).
- American Home Assurance Co. v. Cat Tech, LLC, 660 F.3d 216 (5th Cir. 2011).
- American Recommended Mailers, Inc. v. Maryland Casualty Company, 579 F. Supp. 2d 791 (E.D. Tex. 2008); affirmed 339 Fed. Appx. 467 (5th Cir. 2009).
- KLN Steel Products Company v. CNA Insurance Companies and American Guardian & Liability Insurance Company, 278 S.W.3d 429 (Tex. App. – San Antonio 2008, no pet.).
- Baylor University School of Law (J.D., 2001)
- Order of Barristers
- Baylor University (B.A., 1999)
- with distinction from the Honors Program
- Texas, 2001
- United States District Court, Northern, Southern, Western and Eastern District of Texas
- United States Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
Professional and Community Activities
Mariah is a member of the Dallas Bar Association, the Tort & Insurance Practice Section of the Dallas Bar Association, and the Insurance Section of the State Bar of Texas, where she serves on the Case Note/Article Sub-Committee. She is also a member of the Claims and Litigation Management (CLM) Alliance. Mariah is a former president and board member of the Dallas Women Lawyer’s Association.