Puertin is a bilingual, experienced litigator with a demonstrated history of trying both civil defense and plaintiff cases. Her practice focuses on construction accidents, contracts/warranties and defects, premises liability, dram shop, and trucking and commercial motor vehicle accidents.
Puertin began her practice working as outside counsel for an oil and gas company managing oil rig and trucking accidents. Subsequently, Puertin served as a Plaintiff’s lawyer representing personal injury clients in cases ranging from premise liability, slip and fall, workplace accidents, elevator malfunctions, and motor vehicle and trucking accidents. She also worked defending and pursuing small construction company contract and defect disputes.
Puertin’s exposure to both defense and plaintiff work enables her to analyze a plaintiff’s strengths and weaknesses and gives a unique insight that is invaluable to her clients’ defense. She prides herself in her professionalism, dedication, and creativity in representing her clients, and she is committed to obtaining the most favorable outcome for them.
- Obtained plaintiff trial verdict in Harris County as first chair trial attorney in a motor vehicle accident case.
- Defended trucking company in an 18 wheeler accident 5 day trial in Harris county and obtained a favorable verdict in a case of clear liability.
- Drafted defendant's motion for summary judgment in fatal oil and gas accident case which was granted.
- Drafted defendant's motion for summary judgment in construction defect and DTPA residential property dispute which was granted.
- Prepared defense mediation presentations and assisted in negotiating multi-million dollar oil and gas casualty settlements.
- Defended construction companies in BBB consumer arbitrations and obtained take nothing decisions in their favor.
- Notre Dame Law School (J.D.)
- Inter-American Sustainable Development Law Moot Court
- Texas A&M University (B.A., magna cum laude)
- Political Science, Minor Sociology
- Georgetown University
- Capital Semester Program
- Texas, 2014
- United States District Court, Southern District of Texas
Professional and Community Activities
- Houston Young Lawyers Association
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Mexican American Bar Association
- Hispanic Bar Association
- Junior League of Houston
- Houston Zoo
Speeches and Presentations
- "Know Your Rights Immigration Presentation” at Service Employees International Union, Texas – 02/2018