Lindsay Drennan is an experienced litigator who has represented her clients through all phases of trial in both state and federal courts. Her practice focuses on defending individuals and businesses in personal injury, premises liability, construction defect, products liability and dram shop liability disputes.
Lindsay began her practice in New Mexico, where she focused on civil litigation and insurance defense, with a particular focus defending governmental clients (including school districts and police departments) against civil rights and torts claims. Lindsay also has experience serving as assistant counsel for municipalities and government entities, advising clients on employment issues and compliance with local and federal laws.
- Obtained summary judgment in several civil rights cases against law enforcement officers in federal court.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of government client in contract dispute with third-party vendor.
- Litigation counsel for national restaurant chain in dram shop liability claim, resulting in client dismissal from suit
- Litigation counsel for hotel operator in premises liability claim, resulting in favorable settlement
- Repeatedly obtained summary judgment on behalf of county clients in tort and civil rights claims.
- Assisted in defense of the State of New Mexico as a Special Assistant Attorney General in water litigation before the Supreme Court of the United States.
- Appellate briefing on civil rights and government finance cases.
- Briefing in recent nationally publicized criminal prosecution of law enforcement officers.
- University of New Mexico School of Law (J.D., 2011)
- Order of the Coif recipient
- Law Review
- University of New Mexico (B.A., 2008)
- cum laude
- New Mexico, 2012
- Texas, 2017
- United States District Court, New Mexico
- United States Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit and Fifth Circuit
- United States Supreme Court
Professional and Community Activities
- Member Dallas Bar Association, DBA Publications Committee Member 2018-2019
- Member Dallas Women Lawyer’s Association
- American Cancer Society Relay For Life – Albuquerque Event Chair 2014-2016; Entertainment Committee Lead 2012-2014.
- CLA Volunteer Attorney – 2013-2017
- Texas Super Lawyers - 2019 Texas Rising Star