Letty Aguilar’s practice focuses primarily on defending and counseling employers in labor and employment law. Letty also represents clients in commercial and consumer related matters.
Labor & Employment (Litigation & Counseling)
- Letty represents employers and their leadership in discrimination and retaliation lawsuits and charges of discrimination, wage claims, suits for breach of contract and various employment-related torts, and suits for violation of state and federal statutes, such as the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), the Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act (WARN), and the Texas workers’ compensation retaliation statute.
- Letty also conducts extensive workplace investigations involving allegations of harassment, discrimination and retaliation claims, and provides employers counseling and recommendations based upon investigative findings.
- Letty represents numerous employers before the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and the Texas Workforce Commission (TWC) and obtained favorable rulings and dismissals of Charges of Discrimination.
- Letty also assists and provides counseling to employers regarding employment contracts, severance agreements, non-competes, other restrictive covenants, and employee handbooks and policies.
Commercial and Consumer Related Litigation
- Letty also represents businesses, their directors and officers, in a variety of commercial disputes, including breach of contract claims, claims of breach of fiduciary duty, fraud, misrepresentation, and Deceptive Trade Practices Act (DTPA) cases.
- Letty has experience defending claims under the Texas Insurance Code, Texas Deceptive Trade Practices Act (DTPA), Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), Texas Debt Collection Act, and Texas Securities Act.
- South Texas School of Law (J.D., 2012)
- The University of Texas at Austin (B.A. Government and Sociology, 2007)
- Texas, 2013
- United States District Court Southern, Eastern and Western Districts of Texas
Professional and Community Activities
- Class of 2019 Leadership Academy of the Austin Young Lawyers Association, Member
- Austin Bar Association, Labor & Employment Section, Member
- Austin Young Lawyers Association, Member
- Houston Bar Association, Former Member
Speeches and Presentations
- MeToo, Sexual Harassment and LGBT Issues, Lunch and Learn, January 21, 2019