Lauren Doughty focuses her practice on the representation of businesses and insurance companies involved in personal injury and property damage litigation in state and federal courts throughout Texas.
Her work includes defending both large corporations and small business owners in personal injury lawsuits involving premises liability, product liability, construction defect, catastrophic injury and wrongful death claims. Her first-party experience includes representing insurance carriers against allegations of breach of contract, bad faith, deceptive trade practices and Insurance Code violations.
Lauren approaches every case with an attention to detail. She works tirelessly for her clients and understands the importance of frequent and timely communication, always explaining the process to keep them as informed as possible.
She is a graduate of Baylor University School of Law. At Baylor, Lauren was a member of the Order of Barristers, a finalist in the Dawson & Sodd, P.C. Moot Court Competition, a recipient of the W. Frank Newton Best Brief Award, and Vice President of her 3L class. Outside of class, she clerked for the Third Court of Appeals of Texas, where she assisted Justice Bob Pemberton in research and writing published opinions.
Prior to law school, Lauren graduated from the Texas A&M University honors program with a degree in Political Science and double minors in Business and Psychology. She graduated summa cum laude and was awarded membership in Phi Beta Kappa, an honors society limited to the top 1% of graduates.
When not practicing law, Lauren enjoys traveling, exploring the outdoors, and Austin’s live music.
- Successfully represented family law clients in dozens of temporary orders hearings and final trials;
- Successfully represented clients in dozens of mediations in both family law and insurance defense;
- Authored, argued and won summary judgment motion in Texas state court on behalf of family law client on issue of interpretation of divorce decree;
- Authored, argued and won 5 out of 5 summary judgment motions in Texas state court on behalf of large corporate clients in negligence cases;
- Obtained 3 summary judgments in the Western District of Texas on behalf of corporate and insurance clients in both third-party and first-party claims;
- Defended numerous Fortune 500 companies in first-party and third-party lawsuits.
- Baylor University School of Law (J.D., 2013)
- W. Frank Newton Best Brief Award, 2012
- Finalist, P.C. Moot Court Competition, 2012
- Order of the Barristers
- Texas A&M University (B.A. Political Science, 2009)
- Summa Cum Laude
- Phi Beta Kappa, University Honors Program
- Texas, 2013
- United States District Court, Western District of Texas, 2019
- Texas state courts, 2013
Professional and Community Activities
- Austin Young Lawyers Association, 2013 – Present
- Austin Bar Association, 2013 - Present
- Texas Aggie Bar Association, 2013 - Present
- Baylor Law Alumni Network, 2013-Present • State Bar of Texas, 2013- Present
- Texas Young Lawyers Association, 2013 - Present
- Vice President, 3L class, 2012-2013
- Phi Beta Kappa – Honors Society, 2009- Present
- Thompson Coe, Retreat Committee, 2018 -2019
Speeches and Presentations
- Zinda & Davis CLE Presentation, 2014, Topic: Tracing of Separate Property Assets
- AVVO Lawyer Directory Rating of ‘Excellent’
- AVVO Clients Choice Award 2015