Julie is an attorney in the firm’s litigation and casualty section, maintaining an active and diverse practice with an emphasis in the areas of commercial litigation, premises liability, construction defect, and automobile/trucking accidents. Julie represents her clients enthusiastically, focusing on thorough communication and assistance with the variety of complex issues that arise in the context of litigation.
Before joining Thompson Coe, Julie worked at a boutique civil litigation firm defending clients in variety of areas, including, medical malpractice, premises liability, probate litigation, and labor and employment. She has experience in all aspects of civil litigation including depositions, complex discovery and e-discovery, pre-trial hearings, discovery disputes, mediations, trials, and arbitrations.
- Obtained summary judgment for janitorial services company in premises liability and negligence case involving allegations of sexual misconduct in Dallas County, Texas
- Obtained favorable resolution for residential flooring supplier during trial in wrongful death case in Dallas County, Texas
- Obtained arbitration judgment and dismissal of claims in favor of a member of one of the largest health care systems in Texas in breach of contract and declaratory judgment action brought by an employee.
- Successfully defended large health care system in medical malpractice action based on complex legal issues relating to business entity law resulting in dismissal of client from the case.
- Attended trial assisting in drafting trial motions regarding proper jury instruction objections and submissions, motions in limine, motions for directed verdict, and trial briefs helping to obtain favorable settlement in complex medical malpractice case.
- Baylor University School of Law (J.D., 2017)
- Baylor Law Review
- Order of the Barristers
- Dean's List
- Baylor University (B.A., 2014)
- Merit-Based Scholarship Recipient
- Dean's List
- Texas, 2017
- United States District Court, Northern, Southern, and Eastern Districts of Texas
Professional and Community Activities