John Chambless’ practice focuses on product liability, trucking litigation, and commercial disputes. He represents a variety of clients, including foreign and domestic automobile manufacturers, across the state in personal injury and wrongful death lawsuits. He also represents automakers in consumer lawsuits involving breach of warranty, lemon law and deceptive trade practice claims. John has jury trial, administrative law, and appellate experience. Over the years he has participated as lead counsel, second chair, or appellate counsel in over 30 trials and/or arbitrations in state, federal and administrative courts.
- Obtained defense verdict in personal injury action in Reeves County, Texas.
- Obtained defense verdict in DTPA automotive case in Jasper County, Texas.
- Obtained defense verdict in DTPA foreign automotive case in Dallas County, Texas.
- Obtained defense verdict in product-liability wrongful-death case involving alleged defective automotive scissor jack in Federal Court in the Eastern District of Texas.
- Obtained defense verdict for Fortune 500 automobile manufacturer in a wrongful death automobile fire case in Waco, Texas.
- Obtained defense verdict for Fortune 500 automobile manufacturer in a wrongful death product liability case in Bastrop, Texas.
- Obtained defense verdict for Fortune 500 automobile manufacturer in a wrongful death vehicle rollover lawsuit.
- Obtained summary judgment, which was upheld on appeal, for a domestic automaker under a relatively obscure limitations provision in the Texas Civil Practices and Remedies Code.
- Obtained one of the first, if not the first, federal court order in Texas allowing the designation, as opposed to joinder, of responsible third parties in federal court case.
- University of Oklahoma College of Law (J.D., 1996)
- with distinction
- Dean's List
- American Jurisprudence Awards, Contracts and Antitrust
- American Indian Law Review
- Gables and Gotwals Scholarship
- The University of Texas at Austin (B.A., 1991)
- Texas, 1996
- United States District Court, Northern, Southern, Western and Eastern Districts of Texas
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
Professional and Community Activities
- West Austin Youth Association, soccer coach
- Adult leader - Boy Scouts of America
- Tarrytown United Methodist Church – Sunday School Teacher
- Meals on Wheels volunteer
- ARC volunteer
- Election Judge
- Law & Politics magazine's 2005 and 2008 Texas Super Lawyers® - Rising Starslist