A seven-time marathoner, Hillary is formidable when it comes to knowing the law and performing in the courtroom. However, she has the ability to reason with opposing counsel in order to eliminate unnecessary courtroom appearances and save her client legal fees.
Hillary’s employment litigation experience includes cases concerning: alleged violations of various employment statutes, including the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), the Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA), the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Title VII, and the Texas Labor Code.
She has won numerous dispositive motions in both state and federal courts representing the following diverse client base: social media dating app; product manufacturers; commercial landlord; title company; attorney and law firm; accountants; owners of retail premises and petrochemical premises.
Other representative matters include:
- $160,000 final judgment at the summary judgment stage for a large, regional commercial real estate owner in dispute over the interpretation of lease terms and successfully persuaded the Fifth District Court of Appeals to affirm the summary judgment. Spy, Inc. v. SC Legacy Indep., Ltd., 05-15-00763-CV, 2016 WL 3381920 (Tex. App.—Dallas June 16, 2016), reh’g overruled (July 14, 2016).
- Appellate affirmation of Motion for Summary Judgment in premises liability case including preparation of both the motion and appellee’s brief. Gomez v. Saratoga Homes, 08-14-00320-CV, 2017 WL 1164590 (Tex. App.—El Paso Mar. 29, 2017, no. pet. h.).
- Successful grant of a federal 12(b)(6) Motion to Dismiss in a case alleging accounting malpractice.
- Defense verdict as First Chair trial counsel in JP Court for a large retail store chain in a premises liability case.
- Defense verdict as Second Chair trial counsel for: breach of contract, breach of implied warranty, fraud, negligent misrepresentation and DTPA actions, including obtaining a counter-claim of $105,000 for attorney's fees.
- Southern Methodist University School of Law (J.D., 2006)
- National Moot Court Competition and ABA National Appellate Advocacy Competition, Regional Finalist & Best Brief Award
- Computer Law Review & Technology Journal, Articles Editor
- Honor Council
- Miami University (B.A., 2001)
- History and Political Science
- cum laude
- Miami University Student Disciplinary Board
- Kappa Kappa Gamma, Vice President of Standards & Risk Management Chair
- Texas, 2006
- Ohio, 2009
- United States District Court, Northern, Southern, Western and Eastern Districts of Texas
Professional and Community Activities