Haroon has represented businesses, corporations, hospitals, physician groups, home health and hospice providers, clinical laboratories, pharmacies, rehabilitation centers, oil and gas companies and executives, and individuals in connection with various matters including (i) business and contract disputes, (ii) revenue cycle management and recovery, (iii) ERISA and Prompt Pay matters, (iv) insurance and Medicare underpayments, recoupments, and appeals, (v) state and federal audits and investigations, and Stark Act, Anti-Kickback statute, False Claims Act and Qui Tam litigation matters, (vi) large commercial real estate transactions, (vii) mergers and acquisitions, (viii) investors' rights, (ix) consumer protection laws, (x) employment law, (xi) contract negotiation, drafting, and review, (xii) corporate governance, and (xiii) start-up and entrepreneur needs, including establishment and credentialing of new businesses, business practices, and compliance programs.
Haroon trained at the United States Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of Florida where he worked on cases involving healthcare fraud, whistle-blower actions, and medical malpractice defense for federally funded healthcare providers. Prior to that, Haroon trained at the Miami-Dade State Attorney's Office and with a prominent Dallas County Judge.
Haroon graduated, cum laude, from the University of Miami School of Law, and is licensed to practice law in the State of Texas. Haroon and his wife maintain a strong interest in the arts and supporting local artists. In his spare time, Haroon enjoys golfing and playing guitar, and has performed in multiple performing arts centers throughout the United States, and ranked first place in national talent competitions.
• Represented Seller and Tenant in $50 Million Real Estate Sale Leaseback Agreement.
• Obtained favorable results on over $20 Million of claims against a Texas hospital.
• Obtained a final judgment for an oil and gas commercial services business in Greenville, Texas.
• Represented Seller in $2.1 Million Business Equity Purchase Agreement.
• Represented a whistleblower in a federal Qui Tam lawsuit.
• Represented a Texas hospital in affirmative claims of over $100 Million against a billing company.
• Represented Buyer in a $2 Million commercial real estate acquisition.
• Represented a Texas Hospital, and successfully defended against a Motion for Summary Judgment, in a lawsuit alleging over $170 million against a health insurance company.
• Obtained the sole dismissal for a linen and cleaning services business in a multi-defendant suit.
• Represented a media personality in a federal criminal investigation resulting in No Charges.
• Obtained a Dismissal of a $20 Million defamation lawsuit against a Media Personality and Network.
• Represented a Borrower against a Lender on breaches relating to a more than $22 Million loan.
• Obtained a TRO and Injunction against a multi-billion-dollar Lender to stop a commercial foreclosure.
• Represented a Seller in a $2.1 Million Real Estate Sale with a 1031 Exchange Buyer.
• Obtained a reversal and settlement of a HHSC Emergency Suspension Order against a hospital.
• Obtained an Assurance of Voluntary Compliance with the TX OAG for a healthcare business.
• Represented a Durable Medical Equipment start-up in licensing and accreditation.
• Represented a telecommunications product supplier against breach of contract, negligence, and fraud claims.
• Helped a Texas Hospital obtain a favorable settlement on a $104 Million claim against a publicly traded health insurance company.
• Helped obtain a final judgment of over $4 Million against a general contractor in a construction dispute.
- University of Miami School of Law (J.D., 2016)
- cum laude
- Dean's Certificate of Achievement Award, Scientific Evidence
- Dean's List
- Senior Articles Editor, National Security and Armed Conflict Law Review
- University of Texas at Dallas (B.A., 2012)
- Political Science
- Texas, 2016
- District of Columbia, 2020
- U.S. District Court – Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court – Eastern District of Texas
Speeches and Presentations
- “Understanding Medicare and Commercial Insurance Denials, Recoupment, and Appeals” Haroon Hashmi, Keynote Speaker, APPNA North Texas Conference 2017
- “Fact or Fiction? The Superiority of DNA “Fingerprinting” over Latent Fingerprinting in Forensic Identifications” by Haroon Hashmi
- Recipient Paper of Dean’s Certificate of Achievement Award University of Miami School of Law
- “Anti-Kickback Statute and the Investment Interest Safe Harbor” Article by Haroon Hashmi
- “A Providers Guide to Appealing Health Insurance Claims: 8 Helpful Tips to Recover "Lost" Revenue” Article by Haroon Hashmi
- “MACRA: The Future of Medicare” Article by Haroon Hashmi
- “Understanding the Medicare Appeals Process” Article by Haroon Hashmi
- “Confronting Usual Customary and Reasonable Health Insurance Reimbursement Rates” Article by Haroon Hashmi
- “Provider Guide: How to Use The Texas Prompt Payment of Claims Statute and ERISA to Increase Payments” Article by Haroon Hashmi
- “Five Tips to Protect Business Trade Secrets” Article by Haroon Hashmi