Haley O’Neill joined Thompson Coe in 2019 as a Senior Attorney. Haley’s practice focuses on civil litigation, with experience representing clients in both the private and public sectors in a variety of areas, including personal injury, government and administrative law, workers’ compensation, professional liability, and construction litigation.
Prior to joining Thompson Coe, Haley was an Assistant Attorney General at the Texas Attorney General’s Office in the Tort Litigation Division and later the Administrative Law Division. While working for the Attorney General, Haley defended state agencies and officials in personal injury, premises liability, and workers’ compensation cases. In addition, Haley also represented the state in cases involving constitutional challenges to state action and state law and in matters involving the Attorney General’s original enforcement jurisdiction. Prior to her employment with the Attorney General, Haley worked in private practice handling various insurance defense, personal injury, premises liability, and construction litigation matters.
- Obtained summary judgment and dismissal on behalf of defendant clients in multiple civil cases involving personal injury, premises, and breach of contract claims.
- Negotiated favorable settlements on behalf of clients in numerous personal injury cases utilizing both mediation and informal dispute resolution methods.
- Defended state agency from the trial court to the appellate level in case involving personal injury and breach of contract claims, obtaining favorable judgment affirming trial court’s order granting dismissal of all claims against state agency.
- Successfully represented state carrier in multiple workers’ compensation contested case hearings throughout Texas.
- St. Mary's University School of Law (J.D., 2012)
- Dean's List
- Phi Delta Phi International Legal Honor Society
- Pro Bono Certificate
- University of Houston (B.A., 2008)
- Major - English Literature
- Texas, 2012
- United States District Court, Southern District of Texas, 2013
- United States District Court, Western District of Texas, 2015
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Texas, 2019
- United States District Court, Northern District of Texas, 2019
- United States Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit, 2019
Professional and Community Activities
- Austin Bar Association