Gary Pate is a skilled litigator who handles trademark infringement, real estate disputes, professional malpractice, and complex commercial litigation. Mr. Pate is collaborative with his clients to ensure that his efforts are cost-effective, efficient, and on target. Gary Pate is the “go-to” real estate lawyer in Houston by many large real estate brokerages when they have transactions that become problematic. Gary Pate handles complaints against real estate professionals with the Texas Real Estate Commission and is a frequent author for Texas Realtor Magazine.
- Tried two cases before the International Court of Arbitration.
- Tried trademark infringement lawsuit to a successful jury verdict.
- Tried a multi-million dollar products liability lawsuit in federal court to a successful jury verdict.
- Handles commercial and residential real estate transactional matters.
- Handles restrictive covenants disputes in employment matters.
- Has tried cases in state and federal court and multiple arbitration venues.
- Won a multi-million dollar award for Fremak Industries, Inc. in the International Court of Arbitration.
- Won a favorable defense verdict for Fremak Industries, Inc. in a products liability lawsuit in federal court.
- Won a complete defense verdict plus $1.2 Million in attorney’s fees in a trademark infringement case in the oil & gas industry.
- Settled a client’s claim for $21 Million for a 100% recovery.
- Represented Realtors, home owners, and a foundation company in a deceptive trade practices lawsuit and successfully won the case for all five clients.
- Won lawsuit for Realtors sued over a $1.78 Million real estate transaction.
- Successfully defended a pharmacy in a multi-million dollar case under the Texas Food Drug & Cosmetic Act.
- Represented a major hair care company sued for trademark infringement by an industry giant in federal court.
- Won $3.4 Million for Fremak Industries, Inc. in the International Court of Arbitration.
- Has successfully won real estate lawsuits in Texas for 19 years.
- Has won Anti-Slapp litigation for an oilfield service company.
- Has successfully won administrative complaints before the Texas Real Estate Commission.
- Has won a large trademark infringement lawsuit and won $1.1 in attorney’s fees for the client.
- University of Houston Law Center (J.D., 2000)
- Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary (M.Div., 1985)
- Theological Seminary
- Arkansas, 2013
- Texas, 2001
- United States District Court, Southern District of Texas
- United States Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
Professional and Community Activities
- Teacher at Houston’s First Baptist Church
Speeches and Presentations
Frequent author of articles for the Texas Realtor Magazine.
- Keller Williams- Real Estate Professional Compliance
- Do You Understand the DTPA's Professional Services Exemption? - Texas Realtors Magazine July 2019
- Navigating Seller’s Disclosure After Hurricane Harvey - Texas Realtor Magazine November 2017
- Don’t Fear the DTPA - Texas Realtor Magazine March 2017
- Top 100 Defense Attorneys in the United States 2019 and 2020 - America’s 100 Best Defense Litigators
- Named to Texas Super Lawyers®- Rising Star list by Law & Politics magazine: 2007, 2008