Gary Pate’s practice is focused upon trademark litigation, real estate and business disputes. Gary’s clients love the fact that he is ever-responsive to their needs and focused upon obtaining positive results with cost-efficiency ever in mind. Gary is a skilled litigator who has won trials where millions of dollars of client money were at stake. Representative clients include real estate brokerages, cosmetic companies, pharmaceutical companies, universities, companies in the oil & gas market, steel traders, entrepreneurs, and small businesses. Gary has vast experience in international arbitrations, domestic arbitrations, federal and state courts in Texas and in Arkansas. Gary is the go-to advisor for several real estate brokerages in Texas for assistance in troubled transactions.
- Won a multi-million dollar award for Fremak Industries, Inc. in the International Court of Arbitration.
- Won a favorable defense verdict for Fremak Industries, Inc. in a products liability lawsuit in federal court.
- Won a complete defense verdict plus $1.2 Million in attorney’s fees in a trademark infringement case in the oil & gas industry.
- Settled a client’s claim for $21 Million for a 100% recovery.
- Represented Realtors, home owners, and a foundation company in a deceptive trade practices lawsuit and successfully won the case for all five clients.
- Won lawsuit for Realtors sued over a $1.78 Million real estate transaction.
- Successfully defended a pharmacy in a multi-million dollar case under the Texas Food Drug & Cosmetic Act.
- Represented a major hair care company sued for trademark infringement by an industry giant in federal court.
- University of Houston Law Center (J.D., 2000)
- Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary (M.Div., 1985)
- Theological Seminary
- Arkansas, 2013
- Texas, 2001
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas
- United States Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
Speeches and Presentations
Frequent author of articles for the Texas Realtor Magazine.
- Navigating Seller’s Disclosure After Hurricane Harvey-Texas Realtor Magazine Nov. 2017.
- Don’t Fear the DTPA- Texas Realtor Magazine March 2017.