Gary Pate is a litigator with strengths in real estate law, trademark law, and complex commercial litigation. Mr. Pate is experienced in international law and international trade and has tried cases before the International Court of Arbitration. Gary Pate has defended Realtors and brokers in litigation and in administrative matters before the Texas Real Estate Commission. Gary Pate has been voted one of the top 100 defense litigators in the United States. Gary Pate is responsive to client needs and is always thoughtful of getting the best possible results for the client.
- Won a multi-million dollar award for Fremak Industries, Inc. in the International Court of Arbitration.
- Won a favorable defense verdict for Fremak Industries, Inc. in a products liability lawsuit in federal court.
- Won a complete defense verdict plus $1.2 Million in attorney’s fees in a trademark infringement case in the oil & gas industry.
- Settled a client’s claim for $21 Million for a 100% recovery.
- Represented Realtors, home owners, and a foundation company in a deceptive trade practices lawsuit and successfully won the case for all five clients.
- Won lawsuit for Realtors sued over a $1.78 Million real estate transaction.
- Successfully defended a pharmacy in a multi-million dollar case under the Texas Food Drug & Cosmetic Act.
- Represented a major hair care company sued for trademark infringement by an industry giant in federal court.
- Won $3.4 Million for Fremak Industries, Inc. in the International Court of Arbitration.
- Has successfully won real estate lawsuits in Texas for 19 years.
- Has won Anti-Slapp litigation for an oilfield service company.
- Has successfully won administrative complaints before the Texas Real Estate Commission.
- Has won a large trademark infringement lawsuit and won $1.1 in attorney’s fees for the client.
- University of Houston Law Center (J.D., 2000)
- Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary (M.Div., 1985)
- Theological Seminary
- Arkansas, 2013
- Texas, 2001
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas
- United States Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
Professional and Community Activities
Bible teacher at Houston's First.
Speeches and Presentations
Frequent author of articles for the Texas Realtor Magazine.
- Do You Understand the DTPA's Professional Services Exemption? - Texas Realtors Magazine July 2019.
- Navigating Seller’s Disclosure After Hurricane Harvey - Texas Realtor Magazine November 2017.
- Don’t Fear the DTPA - Texas Realtor Magazine March 2017.
- Named as one of America’s 100 Best Defense Litigators